PDA

View Full Version : Today's Free Dining PIN - Aaarrghhh!

Goes4FastPass
07-23-2009, 03:36 PM
I want to want to book a MYW stay with dining but it must be (must be) after October 3rd (basically ANY set of days in Oct-Nov after Oct 3rd.)

I keep hearing about the Free Dining offer being extended to Disney Visa Card holders past October 3rd. My Mickey card is waiting in my wallet.

So I called Disney today and the person I spoke with asked, "Do you have a PIN?" "No." "That's unfortunate. We've been very busy today with people booking free dining offers for October to December - but you must have a PIN. Have you checked your email today? Are you sure you didn't get an email?" "Yes, I check constantly. No email." "Then you should probably wait and call back because you might get a PIN soon."

Aaarrghhh!

I have a credit card and a open (after October 3rd) calendar and family that loves the dining plan. Disney is getting lots of calls but...

I have no PIN!

This seems very unfair.

hlkeck
07-23-2009, 03:48 PM
I feel for you - I have a booked trip and just WAITING for a free dining pin. I am willing to switch to a Disney resort and pay for it...if only I get the free dining pin...Oct 22-26th...hint hint...

:) Good Luck!

Cinderella's mom
07-23-2009, 04:18 PM
I got the pin code last Tuesday (had gotten 3 others for October, but couldn't use them) and called immediately. (I have a Blackberry, so it came straight to my phone and I was able to call right then.) We are going November 21-28. The pin code ends the 24th, but because we already started the stay, we get it for the whole stay.

I need 4 rooms, but can only book 3 with my pin code. We were trying to figure out who wouldn't use the free dining, etc. Then this Monday, my aunt who is also going got the same pin code. She may have gotten the pin before Monday, but she doens't check her email everyday. I called as soon as she gave it to me and was able to get that other room with free dining. Be patient and MAYBE you will get it. Sending you some Pixie Dust your way!

omearac
07-23-2009, 07:03 PM
Log on to your Disney Vacation account and make sure in your profile the "Yes, send Disney offers" is checked. Mine wasn't checked and I never received pins, but as soon as I checked that I started getting pins.

Hope this helps.

kwhitt3202
07-23-2009, 07:13 PM
I got an email pin code however it is in my moms name and I cant use it. they told me there really is nothing they can do about not sending me my mom's code and send me mine if there is any.

momofdisneyprincess
07-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Try MJ. There is another post on here by them that the offer has just been released for Disney Visa holders so you should be able to do it. I find they are more knowledgable than the CM sometimes. Have fun!

hlkeck
07-24-2009, 10:38 AM
You got the Disney Visa offer!!! Did you book?

Goes4FastPass
07-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Hello All,

I applied the new offer to my reservation.

Note to those considering this offer - it's not as good as the ends Oct 3 deal - it's Quick Service but pay upgradable to Standard which I did.

Thanks for PMs!

wdwnomad
07-24-2009, 10:33 PM
I got an email pin code however it is in my moms name and I cant use it. they told me there really is nothing they can do about not sending me my mom's code and send me mine if there is any.

Call back and speak to another CM. You should be able to use it.

Gator
07-24-2009, 10:51 PM
I hope they stop extending the free dining plan. All it does is crowd up all the good restaurants. I don't mind paying for the DDP, but lots of people do. When Disney offers free dining, all it does is screw up everything at the TS diners. Don't give us PINs. Just give us cheap rooms and I'll be happy.

lighteningqueen
07-25-2009, 01:50 AM
I have clicked ticked scratched changed info and nothing not one thing in an email. Even signed my hubby up and asked them to send all info on DVC everything. NOTHING. Even had a lurker on my husbands name wanted to know if I needed any help. LIve help I told her No just looking for any discounts to apply to a maybe trip. Even saved 5 offers to see if that would work or try to get him to book. Nothing. I do not think it is fair for only the Visa holders to get them all the time. Not all of us have one and are not going to give anything to Chase... But would love to give to the Disney cause if only I GOT A PIN HELLOOOOOO

ransam
07-25-2009, 02:06 AM
make sure you are registered at disney.com.
make sure you have your name on it, not a child's or nick name....
and i might suggest...create a couple or more yahoo accounts, and sign them up to disney.com...more chances to get a pin number.
be patient...I got mine j ust a couple weeks ago.

lighteningqueen
07-25-2009, 02:50 AM
I am registered at every nook and cranny of Disney ha ha. It has been almost 3 years for me and 2 months for hubby and my other email about 3 weeks. Just went and checked my profiles all is there everything clicked. I have a room only booked so far but will gladly change it. i wanted to see if any discounts on anything came up then was going to convert it. But nothing so far. I hate to say this but the economy on my business has really taken a toll on it and worse since I booked this 3 months ago. If I do not get something I just might have to cancel. Things are slim here.. But this will be the the 3rd time and without grandchild and grouchy SIL and we really wanted to see and do all this time just the 2 of us. We have stood in more character lines than rides and seeing EPCOT. We have yet to stop and see anything in WS. We planned on doing this first this next time in Dec. Just so we do not go home not seeing it again for the 3rd time.I guess I cold use some yahoo accounts and see what happens with that. Thanks

sorcerer fan
07-25-2009, 08:40 AM
the best way to get the latest deals is still, and always was to contact magical journeys. I booked my vacation with them 2 weeks ago for early Dec. they got me the room and said they'd wait to see what came up for deals. Thurs morning I got an e-mail from Melissa telling me of the visa card free dining and she booked the whole package for me. Last night I got a notification from Disney Visa that there was a deal out for free dining. MJ beat their notice to me by almost a full day. You can't beat service like that.

lighteningqueen
07-25-2009, 09:55 AM
I dont have the visa card and am not going to get one either just to go to Disney.It is owned by Chase and they are not my favorite right now.. I am signed up on every one of their Disney sites and all the forums out there------ WDWmagic,Intercot,passporter,disboards,wdwinfo, and all Disney thing related. Even toontown for my grandson to play their games on.I log on to all our sites for Disney everyday and mess with shopping and holding resorts and all the food,tickets etc. Just doesnt work.. Guess you have to go in debt and use a cc, but we do not need to go that bad.

TheRustyScupper
07-25-2009, 01:12 PM
I dont have the visa card and am not going to get one either just to go to Disney.

1) Then you don't get the Disney Credit Card deals.
2) Now, your only hope is to be selected for a Marketing offer.
3) And, few people inside Disney even know the rhyme and reason behind them.

I LoveJack
07-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Be patient. The free dining will be released to everyone. They just gave the Disney cardholders a head start.:thumbsup: