PDA

View Full Version : Question About Making DVC Reservation

MidnTPK
07-23-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm tying to figure out the right number of points to but in at, and want to make sure I understand the details of when reservations can be made:

What's the longest reservation you can make on the day your eleven (or seven) month window opens? If I had enough points for 15+ nights, could I make a reservation that long?

Precisely how does the 11 month window work? If I wanted to start my trip on August 15, 2010, does my window open on September 15, 2009?

Thanks!

DizneyRox
07-23-2009, 05:47 PM
I think it's the same 10 day rule as dining...

And yeah, it's months, not days for the 11 month window.

WishesFan13
07-23-2009, 08:59 PM
DH and I are new DVC members, but when i read the members website it said you can book a 7 nt stay at your 11 month mark. Then you have to add on additional days one day at a time at 11 month mark of the day you're adding. If i read it wrong i'm sure someone will be along soon to correct me, but I think that's what it said.

DizneyRox
07-23-2009, 09:24 PM
You are right, it's 7 days...

1) From eleven (11) months through and including eight (8) months in advance of their desired check in day, plus up to seven (7) consecutive days after the desired check in day, Club Members have exclusive access to reservations at their Home Resort. During the Home Resort Priority Period, only Club Members who have Ownership Interests at the Home Resort and who are using Home Resort Vacation Points will be able to request reservations at their Home Resort.
2) Members who wish to reserve Vacation Homes at other DVC Resorts may begin requesting reservations seven (7) months in advance of their desired check in day, plus up to seven (7) consecutive days after the desired check in day. During this period, all Club Members will be able to request reservations at all DVC Resorts.
3) All reservations are on a first-come first-served basis.
4) DVCMC may increase or decrease the length of the Home Resort Priority Period; however, the Home Resort Priority Period will never be shorter than one (1) month.