PDA

View Full Version : Kouzzina Opening Scheduled

BMan62
07-23-2009, 02:36 PM
From another site:

Kouzzina by Cat Cora at Disney's BoardWalk is now scheduled to have its grand opening September 17, 2009. Reservations for Kouzzina may be booked starting July 24.

Mitzie
07-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Does anyone know where there is a menu for this new place? Also, is it in the DDP? We were going to Captains Grill one morning for breakfast then heading into EPCOT...might want to try Cat's new place.

DizneyFreak2002
07-23-2009, 10:13 PM
I'd love to know if it will be a DDP restaurant upon opening as well.. I'd love to try the place out in October if I could...

angyl15
07-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Will my reservation at Spoodles for the opening week be automatically moved over?

mudpuppysmom
07-24-2009, 09:34 AM
I tried to make an ADR this morning and it's not listed online yet -- still listed as Spoodles, but you can't make an ADR for it in Oct either!! ARGH!

tinksmom02
07-24-2009, 09:50 AM
We have ADRs for Spoodles on September 13 (was actually hoping Cat's would be open by then). Do I need to be concerned? Will Spoodles be open until September 16, and then Kouzzina? Or are they closing Spoodles sometime and then re-opening as Kouzzina on Sept. 17?

angyl15
07-24-2009, 10:01 AM
I just called disney dining and my spoodles reservation was automatically cancelled. I was able to rebook for Kouzzina at the same time.

tinksmom02
07-24-2009, 02:29 PM
I just called disney dining and my spoodles reservation was automatically cancelled. I was able to rebook for Kouzzina at the same time.

But my Spoodles ADR is for Sept 13, before the transition. What I'm wondering is if Spoodles will remain open right up until it becomes Kouzzina, or if I need to find somewhere else to eat that night. :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
07-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Anybody heard yet if they will be serving breakfast when the change takes place? I'm one who also is wondering if it's going to be on the dining plan.

DizneyFreak2002
07-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Did anyone find out if this was going to be part of the dining plan????

bretski99
07-24-2009, 07:18 PM
My understanding is that Spoodles is closed so they can revamp it into Koussina. We were going in August and wanted to go to spoodles, but had to change our plans because it was going to be closed.

bretski99
07-24-2009, 07:21 PM
I typed "Spoodels Disney" into Google and found an article that said the last meal at Spoodles will be served on August 1st. Seems like a pretty short turnaround - 47 days?

tinksmom02
07-24-2009, 10:16 PM
I just checked online, and my Spoodles ADR was cancelled. I rescheduled us for Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. We're going to be in Epcot that day, and wanted to head over to the Boardwalk to hang out for a bit.

I'm trying to decide if I should be annoyed that WDW 1. let me make an ADR, and 2. didn't notify me that it was cancelled. Eh. Too tired to be aggravated right now.

But I was thinking that this might be one ADR we end up cancelling, anyway. We're doing Club level, and we've got I think 9 ADRs, 4 of which we have to pay OOP. So some of them are probably going to have to go. :ack:

Backslidingturkey
07-25-2009, 12:15 AM
I had an ADR for spoodles on September 12th in hopes of it being kouzzina, but I just got a call today with a new time and conformation number from disney dining saying spoodles would not be there, but I would be dining at Kouzzina instead...should I be worried or do you think this will be a "soft opening" or something?

tinksmom02
07-25-2009, 12:20 PM
I had an ADR for spoodles on September 12th in hopes of it being kouzzina, but I just got a call today with a new time and conformation number from disney dining saying spoodles would not be there, but I would be dining at Kouzzina instead...should I be worried or do you think this will be a "soft opening" or something?

Good question, sorry I don't have an answer for you. I just emailed Poly concierge, maybe they can help sort this mess out.

tinksmom02
07-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Good question, sorry I don't have an answer for you. I just emailed Poly concierge, maybe they can help sort this mess out.

Update: Here's the email I received from Poly concierge (I hope it's OK to copy it here!):

"Aloha,
We were not informed of the cancelation of Spoodles reservations, however upon some further checking into your reservation they have booked you a reservation at Kouzzina. I have modified this on your itinerary and attached an updated copy. It looks like the reason for this is they have moved up the date for opening to August 15th. Please feel free to contact our office if you require any additional assistance with planning."

Backslidingturkey
07-26-2009, 01:03 AM
Thanks for the info! I called on my way to work today to see what I could find out. I was told there were no alerts in the system, or any other information to indicate any issues. The woman I spoke to said from where she was sitting I would have a table at Kouzzzina on the date of my original Spoodles reservation. I am really excited to try it out!!!

Checkers
07-26-2009, 11:00 AM
:mickey:I tried this morning to make a reservation at "Spoodles" because the name had not been changed yet in the system and nothing was available for the timeframe we wanted when we would be there (end of Sept.). I have a reservation at Cape May Cafe that evening but would much rather eat at the new restaurant. Oh, well, I may just call DD and see what the story is for the time when we will be there.

tinksmom02
07-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the info! I called on my way to work today to see what I could find out. I was told there were no alerts in the system, or any other information to indicate any issues. The woman I spoke to said from where she was sitting I would have a table at Kouzzzina on the date of my original Spoodles reservation. I am really excited to try it out!!!

Apparently Disney Dining called me yesterday afternoon, my husband spoke with them. He said they told him pretty much what my email said.

Goes4FastPass
07-26-2009, 07:44 PM
We are so booked for this. I hope this restaurant is a giant success.

And if this wasn't printed elsewhere, It's a 1TS credit DDP meal. I confirmed this when I made the ADR.

KrystalR83
07-27-2009, 12:58 PM
We were booked for Spoodles for Sept. 7 for breakfast. On Wednesday, Disney Dining called me and said that they changed my reservation to Kouzinna.

So, now I am confussed. If it doesn't open until Sept. 17, how do I have reservations for Sept. 7?

poohbearkris
07-27-2009, 07:56 PM
I can't wait until they post a menu. I am very excited to try it.

dizknee531
07-28-2009, 10:09 PM
:thumbsup:We booked adrs for 10/3. No problem. It is ONE sit down dinner credit.

tinksmom02
07-28-2009, 11:15 PM
We were booked for Spoodles for Sept. 7 for breakfast. On Wednesday, Disney Dining called me and said that they changed my reservation to Kouzinna.

So, now I am confussed. If it doesn't open until Sept. 17, how do I have reservations for Sept. 7?

I'm thinking it'll be a soft opening kind of thing. The "grand opening" is September 17.