PDA

View Full Version : First haircuts

IloveJack
07-23-2009, 01:11 PM
We're going in October for our DD's 1st birthday, and I really want to get her 1st haircut in the MK barber shop. I'm pretty sure it'll just be a snippet, as she doesn't have much hair. But I really want to get those ears! So I'm wondering, how many of you who got 1st haircuts at the MK barber shop and didn't really need them? Did the barbers seem to care, or were they just as "excited" to cut the baby's hair?

mudpuppysmom
07-23-2009, 02:12 PM
I took DS#2 in December and he was 6 months old, but he really did need a haircut (my sister does hair for a living and even she said he needed one!)......We had Michal cut DS's hair and he did a fantastic job with him -- holding his attention, making a fuss over him and oh, yeah the cut! Michal said he really enjoys cutting the little ones' hair and he is a good CM to do it -- you can see he enjoys his job.

At the end we got ears, a certificate and a lock of DS's hair wrapped up in a tissue and sealed with a mickey sticker! Oh, and about a zillion extra mickey stickers too!!

The pictures are priceless and the memories even more priceless......well worth the $17 I think I paid!

Disney Doll
07-23-2009, 05:40 PM
We got DS 1st haircut on his 1st birthday trip. He probably didn't really need it, but having that trim made him look so much older. It was a wonderful memory and lots of fun too.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-23-2009, 10:20 PM
My 4.5 year old nephew was getting his haircut so I suggested that my sister have the 7 week old get his hair "cut" as well since I had asked her that their first official haircuts be at WDW and she didn't know how soon they'd be back. Good think she did it or he might have hair down to his tushy since he just turned 2 on 7/4 and she still doesn't know when she'll be back. It's so cute watching all the kids getting their hair cut. It's even fun to watch the big "kids" get their hair cut and decorated.