PDA

View Full Version : Magical Journeys ?

mmwonka
07-23-2009, 12:36 PM
I hope this isn't a crazy question :blush:. We have used MJ twice in the past and will be using them to plan our 10/10 trip. When we used them in the past they have gotten us awesome deals which required us changing hotels (not that we had to but who wants to pass up a great deal? :mickey:). My question is this; my family (which will reserve at least 4-5 rooms) all want to stay at Port Orleans Riverside, should I make the ressies for that hotel and if an offer comes up that requires changing resorts just "decline" the offer or should I book ressies for another moderate and hope a deal comes up where I can switch to Port Orleans Riverside? I hope that wasn't too confusing. Thanks so much in advance for your replies.

BMan62
07-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Book where you want to stay. If any deals come up that could help you, MJ will make you fully aware of them.

If you want POR, go for it. There will not be any 'deals' for one moderate that will not be for ALL moderates.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-23-2009, 01:37 PM
I agree. Book at POR since that is where you want to stay.

You don't have to take any offer Disney or MJ offers you, and with POR being a fair-sized resort, I can't see you having to move to take advantage of an offer.

Strmchsr
07-23-2009, 01:51 PM
If you want POR, go for it. There will not be any 'deals' for one moderate that will not be for ALL moderates.

While that is definitely true, WDW also only opens a limited number of rooms for special deals at each resort. The popular resorts have fewer rooms open with the deals which is why sometimes you have to change resorts to get in on a special deal.

biggun35
07-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Does MJ give you their own deals or just pass on the deals Disney has available? I tried them once and their price was the same as I got going through the Disney website.

Tink1
07-23-2009, 02:09 PM
I hope this isn't a crazy question :blush:. We have used MJ twice in the past and will be using them to plan our 10/10 trip. When we used them in the past they have gotten us awesome deals which required us changing hotels (not that we had to but who wants to pass up a great deal? :mickey:). My question is this; my family (which will reserve at least 4-5 rooms) all want to stay at Port Orleans Riverside, should I make the ressies for that hotel and if an offer comes up that requires changing resorts just "decline" the offer or should I book ressies for another moderate and hope a deal comes up where I can switch to Port Orleans Riverside? I hope that wasn't too confusing. Thanks so much in advance for your replies.

What availability is at any given resort on a promo is the wild card here. I would say reserve what you want. If a special comes and we can apply it there, great. If not the family may want to swtich to save money too!

It is funny how while planning, my family will say "I have to have ____"

When a promo is released and they can save a few hundred dollars, the ____ is not so important anymore. :)

Nanc

Tink1
07-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Does MJ give you their own deals or just pass on the deals Disney has available? I tried them once and their price was the same as I got going through the Disney website.

We get our pricing directly from Disney. We are just more interested in keeping money in your wallet than theirs.

The difference is:

If you book before a special is released, we automatically try to apply it. If it is not available at your resort we give you other options to save money.

If you really do not want to switch resorts, we keep trying and trying to get it at your resort.

We try to save you money and the time and long distanct charges calling Disney .

Also, by supporting us, we in turn can support Intercot. These forums take time and money for John to run. While we cannot give him more hours in the day, our advertising support helps with the cost.

Nanc

TheVBs
07-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi Nanc, I have a question for you. Does MJ also book Disney's other locations, like HIlton Head? They no longer have booking online and suggested that I call their WDW # to check availability. Thanks! :mickey:

Tink1
07-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Hi Nanc, I have a question for you. Does MJ also book Disney's other locations, like HIlton Head? They no longer have booking online and suggested that I call their WDW # to check availability. Thanks! :mickey:

Yes we do!

There is not a Hilton Head in the drop down though. So just comment on the bottom of the form. (Or contact your agent directly of you are an established client)

We book All Disney Products (WDW, DL, Hilton Head, Vero Beach, DCL, Adventures by Disney) Universal Orlando and ALL cruiselines (RCCL, CCL, NCL, Princess, Yachts of Seaborn, etc)

nanc

tinklover
07-23-2009, 03:16 PM

this is our second year using MJ. Kathy from MJ emailed me bright and early this morning telling me she had a GREAT deal for me. we finally got in contact with each other via phone and she had gone as far as to call Disney about their new FL resident deal because she knew myself and my DDs are residents yet my DBF is not. she was able to apply the deal and saved us over $500.00. WOO HOO. :thumbsup: to Kathy and MJ is :number1: in my book.

mmwonka
07-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to book POR through MJ, who I absolutely love working with, and what happens, happens :mickey: