PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Food & Wine Festival

SallyP
07-22-2009, 08:09 PM
In case anyone is interested Disney posted the schedule and the kiosk offerings on their website today Discover Special Events (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/special-events/epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival/)

VWL Mom
07-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Let the planning begin :D

Glad to see they have some of my favorites again especially the sparkling pomegranate kir at France. Nice to see some new ones too.

DisneyFr33k
07-23-2009, 09:01 AM
:thanks:

We've got 20 snacks from our dining plan to use during our trip, so we're looking forward to picking which 20 to try from the food booths!

Can't wait!! :eat:

TheVBs
07-23-2009, 09:45 AM
It all sounds yummy! We're thinking about going in Oct. next year, so we can try this. If you don't have dining plan snack points to use, can anyone tell me what the price ranges are at the kiosks?

joanna71985
07-23-2009, 03:30 PM
It all sounds so good- I can't wait!

artyboy
07-23-2009, 03:40 PM
I've been waiting for this! Thanks for posting it!

ch077833
07-23-2009, 04:08 PM
It all sounds yummy! We're thinking about going in Oct. next year, so we can try this. If you don't have dining plan snack points to use, can anyone tell me what the price ranges are at the kiosks?

About $4 each

-Cheryl

SallyP
07-24-2009, 07:10 AM
Something new this year: The wine and food demonstration seminars held in the Welcome Center (Wonders of Life Pavilion) have previously been 'free' events. You had to queue for about 30-45 to be guaranteed a seat. This year there is an $8 charge for each wine tasting seminar or food demonstration. Hopefully this will include some decent pours and food samples. Anxious to see how they handle the ticket sales. Another queue, same day purchase for events of the day ....????

TheVBs
07-24-2009, 09:41 AM
About $4 each

-Cheryl

Thanks! That's not bad at all.

WDWCrazyKaren
07-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Ahhh

This : Frozen Grand Marnier Parfait, Orange Coulis :thumbsup:

Sounds good to this Mama!

BriarRose0708
07-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the link! I was looking at the Eat to the Beat Schedule and I'll just miss Vanessa Carlton (LOVE her!) but will get to see Boyz 2 Men and Taylor Dane! Some faves from the 80's and 90's!

Simba's Mom
07-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Something new this year: The wine and food demonstration seminars held in the Welcome Center (Wonders of Life Pavilion) have previously been 'free' events. You had to queue for about 30-45 to be guaranteed a seat. This year there is an $8 charge for each wine tasting seminar or food demonstration. Hopefully this will include some decent pours and food samples. Anxious to see how they handle the ticket sales. Another queue, same day purchase for events of the day ....????

Yes, the $8 charge kind of leaves me with mixed feelings. On one hand, considering the Culinary Demonstrations I've been to, it's well worth the $8. But it bothers me a little when Disney starts charging for something that used to be free (remember when the Land tour was free?) Although most of the attendees are wine drinkers, I hope they'll offer a beverage for the several of us I've seen there who don't drink. Like the PP, I hope this means that we can buy our tickets early in the day and not stand in line for up to an hour in the hopes of getting in.