PDA

View Full Version : Waitlisting question for all you DVC experts

luvDaMouse
07-22-2009, 10:18 AM
I am booked at the moment for 2 studios in SSR for 10-29 checking out Mon 11-2 I have 5 people. I am waitlisted for a 1bdm at Kidani and 1bdm at BLT ( I know THAT one is a stretch!) I also call every couple of days to see if i can get 2 studios at AKV also and sometimes I can get thurs, Fri, Sun and no Sat, sometimes I cant get any days. What are my chances if I take what they can give me then waitlist for the remainder day or days?? has anyone had any luck with this? I really dont want to change resorts mid stay for such a short trip. But I have until the end of this month to bank any points I have and booking SSR I will have to borrow ( also for BLT but I am willing to for that one!) but a 1brm I have enough points in this year for. Sorry for the rambling long post:blush:

Aurora
07-22-2009, 01:14 PM
I wouldn't take the AKV days and waitlist for the remaining day, especially a Saturday. Although people have had luck with the waitlists, there are never any guarantees. So I would stick with your current waitlists and keep the SSR ressie just for peace of mind.

dizknee531
07-23-2009, 12:23 AM
To be on the safe side, I would keep the SSR ressie. You don't want to end up not having the ressies the last day or two and having to switch resorts.:thumbsup:

TinksDH
07-23-2009, 08:24 AM
We had booked a studio in SSR for 10/12 - 10/16. We wanted to get either BLT or another resort closer to either MK or EPCOT. About a month ago I started calling MS for a couple of days straight, and we were able to move to 3 nights in VWL and one night in BLT, with hopes that BLT would open up for the rest of the stay. I called back a week later to see if I could add any more nights to BLT, and found out then that our waitlist for BLT for the entire stay came through. It does happen! But with you having 2 studios in the mix, it will be more unlikely I would imagine.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Belle_0717
07-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Mom called in mid-June for November. We booked OKW and went on the waitlist for BLT. 2 weeks ago we got the letter in the mail that we were booked for BLT. That has been the highlight of the last 2 weeks.

Typically, we have had luck getting our waitlist choice. My sister had luck for her May trip - she started out in SSR then to BCV and finally at BWV where she wanted.

Always have faith and never give up. Remember "Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust".:pixie:

Erin C.
08-03-2009, 01:21 PM
We just came off the waitlist!!! I wanted SSR for 11/24 - 11/30 (DD turns 16 on the 29th) and I was only able to get a 2 BR at SSR on the 24th, 27th, 28, and 29th and NOTHING else was available on the 25th, 26th (T-giving). I had booked a room at POR and I checked DVC last night and I got the 25th and 26th!!! Although I would have done it, I am certainly gald I don't have too!!! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
08-03-2009, 08:17 PM
I wouldn't take a split stay like you describe (all days except Sat) unless you are willing to leave AKL for Sat and go back for the Sunday date. If you would not mind a split stay you could consider taking the Thursday and Friday at AKL and keep the Sat and Sunday at SSR. You could then waitlist for the last 2 nights at AKL and for the entire stay at BLT (or the last 2 days at BLT). This all depends if you might enjoy a move during a 4 night stay. Keep us posted. :mickey: