PDA

View Full Version : favorite perfumes

satchel01
07-22-2009, 10:17 AM
I noticed on my last trip that there are many places throughout Epcot that sell perfume and am just wondering what is your favorite? I bought the one in Norway several years ago. You could smell it everywhere when you walked into that area and I just had to have it. I noticed some nice scents in the UK section last trip that I wanted. Are there other good ones??

disneymom15
07-22-2009, 11:22 AM
I love the one from Norway also. Its called "LAILA" by Geer Ness. My husband wears Geer for men (very nice). I've also like "My Insolence" from France. My daughter wears "Insolence" from France.

passholderryan
07-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Picked up some Chanel No. 5 on the last trip for my wife. :blush: It really made her day.

satchel01
07-22-2009, 11:58 AM
YES! It's Laila. I could not think of the name, thank you!

I'm going to make a list to check out this November so any more opinions out there are welcome!

chefmickey3
07-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Laila! I am down to my last squirt or two! We leave Saturday - I am so excited to get more! It smells sooooo good! DH gets an excellent cologne in Italy - can't remember the name.

goofball
07-22-2009, 02:53 PM
In Italy they sell Bvgari (SP?). I like the rose scent best but the Amethyst is nice as well.

kathiep
07-22-2009, 05:18 PM
I love the Laila! I could spend hours just walking around the Norway pavilion. It smells so good in there. I hope I have enough to last until the end of August. Maybe this year, I'll have to pick up 2 bottles.

PharmD
07-22-2009, 07:31 PM
I love Laila also. My wife only wears it and it reminds me of Epcot :cloud9:. You can buy it at Nordstroms as well as at the park in the Norway pavillion. Only 72 more days till our next trip,:muscles: I can't wait. Look for my trip report.:thumbsup:

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
07-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Laila is our favorite too!!! We always get the wonderful candles as well. They are coming out w/ a new bath gel soon. It is always nice to go and meet Geer Ness and get an autograph pic and a bunch of samples when we are lucky to be at WDW when he is there too. He is extremely kind, and generous. He helps alot of charities.

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

martinfamily5
07-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Laila is also my favorite. I always love walking through Norway. It smells so good. My husband ordered my first bottle for me for Christmas from WDW merchandising. I was out by my birthday, so he ordered more. We will be going down in September for our 20th anniversary, I may have to pick up another bottle.

ILoveLegos
07-22-2009, 09:35 PM
I like Laila too, but I wear the original L'Interdit by Givenchy from the French Pavillion. The original fragrance was formulated by the house of Givenchy for Audrey Hepburn. Unfortunaely the perfume was "reworked" in 2003 and it is not even a shadow of it's original self, personally I think the new one stinks! (Literally) :ack:
Although it's very hard to find now, EPCOT's French Pavallion kept it on the shelf longer than any other department store in the USA! Gotta love Disney! :mickey:

ShanPooh
07-23-2009, 02:03 AM
I enjoyed the fragrances in Norway, too.
Another place I used to like shopping for perfumes was at the Poly. It's been some years since I've looked. Do they still carry perfume there?

KAT1811
07-29-2009, 12:39 PM
I love the one from Norway also. Its called "LAILA" by Geer Ness. My husband wears Geer for men (very nice). I've also like "My Insolence" from France. My daughter wears "Insolence" from France.

These are two of my favorites. I love them both. "My Insolence" is my scent of choice right now. I also like "Mademoiselle" by Chanel also in France.

AHOTE
07-30-2009, 12:18 AM
Just a clairification, it's "LAILA" for the ladies and "GEIR" for the men by GEIR NESS. Smelling either one of those fragrances brings back memories of Norway and the World Showcase at Epcot. :cloud9:

jnfr2424
07-30-2009, 03:49 PM
These are two of my favorites. I love them both. "My Insolence" is my scent of choice right now. I also like "Mademoiselle" by Chanel also in France.

Here is another vote for My Insolence I am wearing it right now!!! :thumbsup:

mickeymousedabomb
08-13-2009, 09:09 AM
This was something I was thinking about purchasing this trip around. I guess that's what I'll do, smell my way around the countries, lol. I know I loved the sent in Norway and now all these other suggestions are getting me excited to get there! Only 97 days left :mickey:

SurferStitch
08-13-2009, 10:07 AM
I always get a new fragrance in France when we visit WDW. I also have some from Italy.

My faves:

Insolence - France
Dior Addict Shine - France
Miss Dior Cherie - France
Bvlgari Rose Essentielle - Italy

They had a lady in Italy that engraved the bottles with your name and a butterfly for free, so I did that with the Bvlgari. She then fills the engraving with gold. It's so pretty!

Can't wait to go back and get a new fragrance. I never though of Norway. I might have to give LAILA a shot.

cjcherry
08-18-2009, 12:48 AM
ARe they very expensive..the LAILA?

Christine
08-18-2009, 01:19 AM
I know this isn't one of the fancy world showcase perfumes, but there is a perfume called Tinker Belle that is WONDERFUL! It's very clean and reminds me of clinique's Happy perfume.

I have it and have seen it at the emporium, mickey's of Hollywood, Tren-D, and Mousegears.

PharmD
08-18-2009, 06:23 AM
ARe they very expensive..the LAILA?

Hi chcherry,

It's not too expensive. They have a small bottle, 1.7oz that is about $50 and the large bottle, 3.4oz is about $75. I know that sounds small but it lasts a while. :) You can also get it at Nordstrom's or order it offline.

PharmD
08-18-2009, 06:25 AM
Just a clairification, it's "LAILA" for the ladies and "GEIR" for the men by GEIR NESS. Smelling either one of those fragrances brings back memories of Norway and the World Showcase at Epcot. :cloud9:

Very true. It's funny my wife and I will stop and close our eyes and breathe in the scent when she puts it on in the morning and imagine we're at Epcot :cloud9:.

SurferStitch
08-18-2009, 08:20 PM
It's funny my wife and I will stop and close our eyes and breathe in the scent when she puts it on in the morning and imagine we're at Epcot :cloud9:.

DH and I do that, too!! Especially with the Dior Addict I bought in France last year.

I bought Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue on our 2001 Disney cruise in the Bahamas (this was a few months before it hit the stores in the US). It remains my very favorite perfume of all, and every time I put it on, it reminds me of that amazing cruise, and the gorgeous blue waters of the Caribbean. :cloud9:

castlelady36
08-26-2009, 10:39 AM
There are so many I love in France but I always end up buying the pink Herve Ledger. I have also in the past bought the current Escada's. I love the perfume shop in France!! Smells so good!! I am going to try the Laila next trip since everyone seems to like it so much.

MistressGracey
09-15-2009, 06:59 PM
I know this isn't one of the fancy world showcase perfumes, but there is a perfume called Tinker Belle that is WONDERFUL! It's very clean and reminds me of clinique's Happy perfume.

I have it and have seen it at the emporium, mickey's of Hollywood, Tren-D, and Mousegears.

I have some of this myself, and I LOVE it! It's not "little girly", but it's not as heavy as some of the other perfumes Disney sells.

Iluvpooh
09-15-2009, 07:16 PM
In Italy they sell Bvgari (SP?). I like the rose scent best but the Amethyst is nice as well.
I bought the Omnia Amethyst last time and it is my new favorite, but you can get it from Sephora much cheaper. The Laila I have only been able to find on ebay and it is more expensive than at EPCOT.

MissMaryPoppins
09-15-2009, 10:05 PM
I bought Buberry baby touch in the UK a few years ago and loved it. Once I ran out I wasn't able to find it anywhere. Now I have a bottle of Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune by Gurelain. I bought it at the Guerlain shop in France. It's citrusy, not strong. The man who helped me when I was buying it told me it supposedly keeps mosquitoes away.

ILoveLegos
09-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Perfume that keeps mosquitos away, now he may be on to something, Off is too smelly! :secret:

glenpreece
10-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Isn't it nice to be able to spray on a scent and you are immediately transported right back to WDW? LoL I love Laila and I find that the Ynakee Candle "Beach walk" smells like it too. I bought intimately Beckham in the UK a year or so ago so that too reminds me of Epcot.

I try to only wear certain ones when I go to WDW that way it maintains the scent memory. For me Tommy Hilfiger True Star (now discontinued) takes me right back to ASMus on my very first trip. Kenneth Cole Reaction reminds me of my trip with my parents because I bought it at the outlet, so to me that is "Florida"