PDA

View Full Version : Using ME the day after your flight arrives

LauraF
07-22-2009, 10:09 AM
I will be coming into Orlando for my next trip around midnight. Due to budgets, we're not checking into WDW until the next morning and are going to stay at the airport hotel for the evening.

Normally I come in on a morning flight and go straight to the ME counter and all is right with the world. But I was told that I might not have a seat on ME if I reserve with my arriving flight, since WDW expects me to get on the bus that night instead of the next day after we've rested.

Should I tell ME that I'm coming in on a different flight, or keep my original one?

threeh
07-22-2009, 11:00 AM
I just switched my reservation to do this and they had me keep my original one and noted that I would not arrive until the next day via DME. My understanding is you will need to get you bags when you land, and then bring them to DME in the morning (with yourself).
I have seen suggestions on intercot to just stay in a value or moderate at wdw for the first night beacuse they are cheaper than the airport hotel, just a suggestion. I don't know what kind of rate you got!!
I would call the DME folks and tell them and they will let you know how to proceed.
Happy planning:mickey:

kevinsmom29
07-22-2009, 03:00 PM
can i use DME to get back to the airport after my stay?? I am not flying out but want to grab a rental car @ the airport.
Thank you.

LauraF
07-22-2009, 03:27 PM
I have seen suggestions on intercot to just stay in a value or moderate at wdw for the first night beacuse they are cheaper than the airport hotel, just a suggestion. I don't know what kind of rate you got!!
Well, my rate is free. I'm cashing in all my hotel points for the one night. :D Kinda hard to beat that one, even at a value.

I was thinking I could call ME myself, but a friend suggested I tell ME I was arriving the next morning instead.

threeh
07-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Well, my rate is free. I'm cashing in all my hotel points for the one night. :D Kinda hard to beat that one, even at a value.

Can't beat that price!!:thumbsup:
I know I have read about saying you are arriving on a flight the next day (and I can't remember what the reason was) but when I changed my upcoming stay I just told the DME rep I was staying overnight at the airport and they said they would note it in my reservation that I would use the DME in the morning.

Happy planning:mickey:

crazypoohbear
07-22-2009, 11:36 PM
If you or your tA call ME you shouldn't have any problems.
My kids were listed as coming with me last year but they actually arrived a few days later because of school. They boarded ME and didnt' have an issue, but ME was notified they were coming later than expected.

CleveRocks
07-22-2009, 11:43 PM
can i use DME to get back to the airport after my stay?? I am not flying out but want to grab a rental car @ the airport.
Thank you.
Depends what you mean by "after your stay." If you mean on your check-out day ... YES. You are entitled to a ride whether or not you are flying.

If you mean on any day AFTER your check-out day ... NO. You can get a ride to the airport earlier than your check-out day, but not on any day after your check-out day. DME reservations are a function of resort reservations ... if you are no longer a guest of the resort (that is, if you checked-out yesterday) then you are no longer entitled to any perk of that former reservation.

Neo Fender
07-23-2009, 01:45 PM
We're in a similar situation, arriving at MCO/OIA on a Monday but not checking in at our WDW hotel until Wednesday.

I will be coming into Orlando for my next trip around midnight. Due to budgets, we're not checking into WDW until the next morning and are going to stay at the airport hotel for the evening.

Normally I come in on a morning flight and go straight to the ME counter and all is right with the world. But I was told that I might not have a seat on ME if I reserve with my arriving flight, since WDW expects me to get on the bus that night instead of the next day after we've rested.

Should I tell ME that I'm coming in on a different flight, or keep my original one?

CleveRocks
07-26-2009, 08:27 AM
We're in a similar situation, arriving at MCO/OIA on a Monday but not checking in at our WDW hotel until Wednesday.You are entitled to a ride to your Disney resort on or after Wednesday, your Disney check-in day. It makes no difference when you actually fly into MCO.