PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express check in question...

DisneyorBust
07-21-2009, 07:54 PM
I was reading JPL's trip reports and read that you don't need to check in at the ME desk anymore.
Does anyone know if this is still the procedure or was this some sort of experiment to facilitate faster boarding of the ME bus?

Pirate Granny
07-21-2009, 10:09 PM
I can remember in the beginning we never had to check in at the desk...just take your coupon and procedure to the lines...When we were last there in May we had to wait to check in at the counter...
:pirate:

CleveRocks
07-21-2009, 10:32 PM
I was reading JPL's trip reports and read that you don't need to check in at the ME desk anymore.
Does anyone know if this is still the procedure or was this some sort of experiment to facilitate faster boarding of the ME bus?

I can remember in the beginning we never had to check in at the desk...just take your coupon and procedure to the lines...When we were last there in May we had to wait to check in at the counter...
:pirate:Pirate Granny,

I used DME on its 4th day of operation, and we had to check-in at the DME counter at the airport, so I truly don't know what you mean. Maybe you just innocently skipped it and the driver didn't say anything to you about your voucher not being stamped.

To answer the original question ...
At times, when it's very very busy, they have a CM with a handheld device scanning vouchers near the entrance to the bus queue area, to alleviate the long line that might otherwise develop at the counter.

So it's an occasional thing, not a change in the way things are done.

DisneyorBust
07-22-2009, 05:21 AM
Thanks CleveRocks! :thumbsup:

Mammabruski
07-22-2009, 10:25 AM
When we were last there in May we had to wait to check in at the counter

Just to clarify... Pirate Granny did indeed say we waited at the ME counter in May. :mickey:

Sorry about the confusion.