PDA

View Full Version : Weather in February

A&M'sMommy
07-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Has anyone gone to WDW at the beginning of February? My DH is turning 40 and we're heading off to the Wilderness Lodge (CAN'T WAIT) and am wondering about the weather? Trying to decide if I need to buy my DD capris now because I won't be able to find them then....thoughts?

Strmchsr
07-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Different folks respond to weather differently. What is warm to me might be cool to you. I suggest you look at the historic weather conditions page in Info Central where you can see exact weather conditions for your dates for the last 5 years. That will help you know what to expect.

A&M'sMommy
07-21-2009, 07:23 PM
True, I'll check it out. I know that coming from New England where it will most likely be in the 20's, I'd be happy with 70's! :)

ThanxForNoticin
07-21-2009, 08:50 PM
We've been there in late Jan/early Feb several times. The weather varies, but it's rare that we don't have at least a day or two that are sunny and in the 70s - no guarantees, though! Most of our trips, we've even gotten a day by the pool, but we've had a couple days where we needed gloves and hats in the morning!!

Weather aside, it's a really nice time to visit, as the crowds are lower. Hope you have a great trip.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-22-2009, 07:48 AM
We've been there in late Jan/early Feb several times. The weather varies, but it's rare that we don't have at least a day or two that are sunny and in the 70s - no guarantees, though! Most of our trips, we've even gotten a day by the pool, but we've had a couple days where we needed gloves and hats in the morning!!

Weather aside, it's a really nice time to visit, as the crowds are lower. Hope you have a great trip.

"Varies" is the right word. I've spent time hunting for shorts, and also gloves and hats! Be ready for either. When I took Dance Team, they actually got in the pool, but we adults declined. It was that "getting out part" that concerned us. ;) Nice time of the year to go, though! :wave:

Disney Doll
07-22-2009, 11:05 AM
It's all about perspective. I don't usually find it warm enough for capris in Feb, but I see lots of northerners in shorts. You can have a particularly hot spell or a cold spell so you just have to be diligent about watching the weather and even then come prepared for a little bit of anything.

Aggie97
07-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Early February is one of our favorites times to visit WDW. We love the cooler weather, but it can be extremely variable. We've ranged from wearing shorts (highs well into the 80s), to jeans and long sleeves during the day with winter jackets and gloves at night -- sometimes on the same trip. We never have experienced any rain during our early Feb. trips, though, which is great! :mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
07-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Early February is one of our favorites times to visit WDW. We love the cooler weather, but it can be extremely variable. We've ranged from wearing shorts (highs well into the 80s), to jeans and long sleeves during the day with winter jackets and gloves at night -- sometimes on the same trip. We never have experienced any rain during our early Feb. trips, though, which is great! :mickey:

I gotta second this one. Last trip, the first day was sunny, but cool in the low to mid 70s with a nice breeze. The next day was humid and warm, followed by a just plain hot day the next. Take a few different types of clothes so that way you can go with the flow.//