PDA

View Full Version : crowds mid august?

julian
07-21-2009, 05:17 PM
What would the crowds be like in the middle of August...say around the 9th, in the middle of the week?

we are going for my little brothers birthday

Darin M
07-21-2009, 07:11 PM
I usually go around that time each year and there isn't that big of a crowd. I never have a problem with lines or anything. I think the kids are back in school at that time. Not 100% sure about that one though.

madi47
07-22-2009, 07:38 AM
we go the 2nd week in August....if you are up early and get there at park opening you will be able to ride all the major attractions....I know my friend went with her family one year and they decided to sleep very very late and then got mad that they had to stand in very long lines....we are always up and out early...grab those fastpasses too! They will come in handy when the park starts to get crowded!

Imagineer1981
07-22-2009, 12:17 PM
We are going the last week of August and it should be ok. Most kids are back in school by then, so it shouldn't be as bad

bruin1344
07-22-2009, 01:28 PM
shouldnt be crowded except for the major attractions like soarin, expedition everest, toy story etc. which could be around 45-60 min

crazypoohbear
07-22-2009, 11:32 PM
IT shouldn't be too bad, but go early, even if you have teens force them up and get the moving, then go back to your room in the afternoon, swim/shower to cool off, let the teens nap then go to dinner and get moving again with EMH

Giggy
07-23-2009, 12:51 PM
My understanding was that crowds are still busy from summer for the first week or so, quiet for the last week and somewhere in between, gradually declining for the rest of it. Most USA schools start again at some point over August and crowds decrease as they do. Only issue with August is the heat, it's supposed to get pretty hot!

If we went again in the next couple of years it would probably be for the last week of August and first week of September or thereabouts. Crowds would be quieter than middle of summer and we'd be back in time for British schools/colleges that start in September.

Imagineer1981
07-23-2009, 03:18 PM
My understanding was that crowds are still busy from summer for the first week or so, quiet for the last week and somewhere in between, gradually declining for the rest of it. Most USA schools start again at some point over August and crowds decrease as they do. Only issue with August is the heat, it's supposed to get pretty hot!

If we went again in the next couple of years it would probably be for the last week of August and first week of September or thereabouts. Crowds would be quieter than middle of summer and we'd be back in time for British schools/colleges that start in September.

Thats when we are going this year, so I can keep ya posted!