PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I'm considering cancelling

LoriSan
07-21-2009, 01:15 PM
I booked a week in Sept last year on the bounce-back free dining offer. Then we wound up in the World in May for oldest step-son's graduation, and again in July for my 40th birthday. Now, DH doesn't want to go in Sept. With the older kids being in school, it really is easier if he stayed home, so we don't have to find family members to keep them and get them to school every day. I still want to go, and he's fine with me going without him. It would be me and DS4. The problem is, DS4 can be a handful. I would not even feel good about taking a shower in the bathroom without him being right in my line of sight. I've been looking for someone to go with us, but with free dining, quite a few of the people I would ask already have trips booked. Rescheduling isn't really an option, since I booked this trip right before my AP expires.

So, my options are taking DS4 alone, leaving DS4 home and going by myself, or cancelling all together. I REALLY want to go to MNSSHP.

daisyhead
07-21-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm sure there are lots of people here who would go with you. ;)

Really though, I would go for it! Wouldn't it be fun for you and DS to be in the world together! I understand what you are saying though about leaving him alone while you take a shower and such.

Hope maybe you come up with a family/friend who gets to go! I'd day go for it and let your DS4 take the lead.

Yeah, I can never say no to a Disney trip! :mickey:

LoriSan
07-21-2009, 02:10 PM
the problem with my DS is that since we've been there so much, the thrill is gone for him. It was a fight to get him out of the hotel room, because all he wanted to do was stay in the room and play with his trains.

Yes, he's a wierd kid. :confused:

broadway315
07-21-2009, 03:01 PM
He doesn't sound weird, he may have just had too much of a good thing this year. It sounds like you really want to go for yourself, so maybe you should go on your own. But otherwise, WDW isn't going anywhere. You could rebook a trip (obviously not for the same deal you received) for MNSSHP next year when your son might be more excited cause he won't have been there as much. I know the excitement of getting a great deal thru Disney and the general happy feeling I get, but it sounds like there will be a lot going on for you family in September. Since you've already been multiple times this year, maybe you can save the money for a trip next year when your son will have more time to get excited again. Just my :twocents:

ToDisney
07-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Okay if your son is really that way, which I understand I have seen it in my sister's kids, they begin to "love" to hotels. Anyway, I would try to find a friend to go with. Which I think Daisyhead mentioned there are many of us that would just drop everything and help you out there.:blush:
Or, and I can't believe I would ever utter the words, (don't tell DH) I guess cancel would be the next thing to do. You are going back again, and you have been recently.
Oh, another idea... maybe if you still want to go alone, with it being in the free dining time, maybe someone else here will be going. You could post something here and find out, maybe meet up with some people from intercot for a day or two and even a couple of meals so you wouldn't be entirely alone. Especially if you were going to go to the MNSSHP? Just an idea.
I get a little carried away sometimes.
;)

SBETigg
07-21-2009, 04:42 PM
My Disney style is that I enjoy it with my loved ones. With my kids, or alone with my husband. I couldn't leave the kids behind until recently, now that they're both older teens, and even that just once so far. I could never feel comfortable leaving some behind in school and going with the younger one. I'll probably never go without my husband. It just isn't my style, so I would cancel. Obviously, you have a different style and this might work for you. It's hard to advise. I think you just have to go with your gut instinct.

KAJUNKING
07-21-2009, 05:12 PM
take the younger son and have a good time, i know you say he is a handful but since its just the two of you, you can take your time and do things at your own pace, wait till he naps to take your shower and leave the door open in case he wakes up, or take showers late at night after long days in the parks when you get back to the room have him take a bath and im sure hell knock out and then you could shower, im sure he'll enjoy going and having the parks and you all to his self