PDA

View Full Version : Oct. Event Schedule

DisneyDINK
07-21-2009, 10:41 AM
I was making my ADRs for my October trip over the phone and I was told Fantasmic! was showing on the 20th. I think she (dining res. agt.) said the 16th, 20th were dates Fantasmic was playing, but your events (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/events.asp#October) page has different dates. (15th, 19th, 22nd...)

She also said Wishes was at 10:00pm nightly in October, but I'm skeptical. I might have got a less than knowlegable CM.

I can't find this information on the official site so I really appreciate you posting it. I hate to ask you to clarify, but can you?

VWL Mom
07-21-2009, 02:52 PM
You can go to the wdw site and go to calendar. Pick your park and month.....click on the individual days and they will tell you what time the parades, fireworks, etc are.

I checked the 16th and 20th and it did not show Fantasmic, the 19th does.

Dsnygirl
07-21-2009, 03:42 PM
I can't clarify the Fantasmic info any better than the PP, but I, too have been following the Oct hours. I have found here and on WDW's website, as well as others, that Wishes is only on the nights MNSSHP isn't, and that it is at 9pm on those nights. So, I do think you got a CM who was off on her info, or looking at the wrong calendar. I'd try again!

DisneyDINK
07-22-2009, 10:20 AM
You can go to the wdw site and go to calendar. Pick your park and month.....click on the individual days and they will tell you what time the parades, fireworks, etc are.

I checked the 16th and 20th and it did not show Fantasmic, the 19th does.

Thanks for the help.

I followed VWL's advice. I had found those park calendars before, but I didn't know you could click on the individual days. Doing so confirms the info in this site.

It is a bummer getting a CM who leads you astray. I asked her if she was sure of the dates twice. As a result I lost my Le Cellier reservation which bums me out because I've never been there before. All of the dates I could book are no longer available. I also may have missed out on a Fantasmic! dining package because she wasn't checking the right dates. Oh well.

Most of the regular posters here know their stuff pretty well, better than some CMs. Most of the CM experiences are positive, but we've all had the bad ones.

I emailed guest communications; we'll see what happens.

Thanks Intercot. :mickey:

John
07-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Said it before and will say it again... I think you will find our hours as up to date if not more so than the official site but time and tima agsin people question where we get our info.... We get it internally from disney many times long before the web team updates their database.

Carol does a great job of keeping us up to date.

Carol
07-22-2009, 10:47 AM
It is a bummer getting a CM who leads you astray. I asked her if she was sure of the dates twice. As a result I lost my Le Cellier reservation which bums me out because I've never been there before. All of the dates I could book are no longer available.
Sorry things didn't work out - but in all fairness to the Cast member(s) they can only relate the information that is in their computer. If that has not been updated it falls onto whomever Disney has doing that for them.

Things can changed daily and it often does not make it into their computer system for weeks thereafter. :unsure: