PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney resorts?

Neo Fender
07-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Other than their proximity to WDW, are there any advantages to staying at one of the Downtown Disney resorts as opposed to hotels further away? Do the hotels share the same shuttle service?

Thanks.

StitchFan#1
07-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Well the resorts have no advantages and the busses dont even get me started if your going to MK your gonna be waitin a looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggg time we only made that mistake twice even the DTD bus took forever. If you stay at Royal Plaza and your on preferred florr no ice machine or fidge
ps they have their own busses that take 4 eva rent a car if your stayin thare

DizneyRox
07-21-2009, 11:39 AM
One of them offers EMH, but other than that, there's no advantage IMHO. The bus service is horrible as others have said.

JPL
07-21-2009, 11:26 PM
No real advantage at all!
I stayed at one them for a single night and that was more than enough for me. Buses were terrible and my room had a wonderful Dumpster view and smell :sick: Oh and the Garbage trucks came at 4 AM to empty the dumpsters :mad:

Mousemates
07-22-2009, 11:04 AM
we stayed there in the distant past...and got a larger room for quite a bit less money than a comparable room on property. However, as others have said the bus service was a real issue...long waits in the peak morning times for park entry....and even worse, very long waits to get back to your room at park closing.

For these reason on our trips where finances have been tight...we have opted to stay in a smaller room on property at a value, versus a larger room at DTD.