PDA

View Full Version : Replica Light Sabers at Tatooine Traders

Young@Heart
07-20-2009, 11:57 PM
does anyone happen to know how much these are? (not the build-your-own light sabers, but the expensive one) My son has his heart set on one, and I believe they're well over $100, but I'm not sure. They could be twice that for all I know! :blush:

Marceline
07-21-2009, 01:31 AM
If he has his heart set on one I would purchase it elsewhere. They are marked up considerably at Tatooine Traders compared to outside of WDW. They are called Force FX lightsabers and run at right around $100.00 retail.

I asked about one at Tatoonie Traders and was shocked at how much they were asking for it. If I recall correctly it was at least 50 dollars more. I asked why they had the mark up and the castmember told me that it wasn't Disney that set the price it was LucasArts Ent. Co. that decided what to ask. According to that castmember anyhow.

I try to look for things at Tatoonie Traders that are actually exclusive to that store and/or Disney parks. A ForceFX Lightsaber can be purchased at a local mall.:cool:

Tygger7
07-21-2009, 07:38 AM
I actually got my daughter a replica FX light saber at Best Buy, right before Christmas a few years ago. They normally run around $75, but they had it on sale for $40. I have a website where I get a lot of unique Star Wars stuff and they have every single fx light saber offered, and at a decent price: $99...if you send me a PM, I can send you the link...not sure if I could post it out here. :yoda: