PDA

View Full Version : Tidbits July 2009

Figment!
07-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Tidbits
July 2009

A Ruckus River

7/29/09 Magic Kingdom Cast have reported that a new show has been internally announced to open Fall 2009 in the Liberty Square section of the park. The show will reportedly be held aboard the Liberty Belle Riverboat and will feature dancers and Characters from the upcoming Princess and the Frog. According to reports, the show is tentatively titled "Tiana's Showboat Jubilee".

Mexico Mixer

7/27/09 It has been internally announced that the new tequila bar in the Mexico pavilion at Epcot will be called “Cava del Tequila”. While a hard opening date has not been announced, it has also been announced that the location will be open no later than September 25, 2009. The location will host a new event at the 2009 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. A “Mexico Tequila Tasting” event will be held at the new location on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays during the festival at 3:00 pm for $35.00, plus tax per person.

6/25/09 Despite continual delays, work appears to be progressing toward the addition of the long-a-go announced Tequila Bar addition to Epcot’s Mexico pavilion. Artesanias Mexicanas has re-opened in the former Casa Mexicana location. Construction walls remain around the former Artesanias Mexicanas location and it appears that construction is underway to install the new Tequila Bar at this location. As a side effect of this movements, the Mexico KidCot location is now located in the pavilion’s lobby.

A Grand Entrance

7/27/09 The Grand Floridian Resort has begun a refurbishment project in the Lobby section of the Main Building. According to Resort Cast, a new marble flooring is being installed that will feature an artistic design that incorporates such Disney Characters as Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto and Cinderella. So far, this project has not been reported to significantly impact Guests’ stay. A completion date for this project has yet to be reported.

Living with Larger Capacity

7/27/09 Epcot Cast have reported that Living with the Land is scheduled to debut some changes in Fall 2009. The attraction in Epcot’s Land Pavilion is scheduled to implement larger boats that can hold more Guests and better accommodate those in wheelchairs. In order to implement the larger boats, it is reported that the attraction’s ride path will need to be modified in certain areas. It is currently expected by Attraction Cast that the attraction will close for refurbishment to make the changes to the ride path, but such a closure has been yet to be concretely scheduled. The overall benefit of these changes has been reported to be a higher Guest capacity for the attraction.

More to Meet

7/27/09 Character Cast have reported that a Phineas and Ferb Meet and Greet is currently in the planning stages for Walt Disney World. Reports from Cast have held little concrete information at this point, but have indicated that Disney’s Hollywood Studios is currently being considered as the location for the future entertainment option.

Epicurean Expansion

7/20/09 Guests looking for a quick lunch or breakfast have two new options this Summer. The Tommorowland Noodle Station at the Magic Kingdom is currently offing lunch from 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm daily. The counter service menu includes such standard fare as hamburgers, chicken nuggets, but also more exotic tastes like the Brazilian entrée Feijoada. Beaches and Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Beach Club Resort has reinstated its Counter Service Breakfast offering from 7:00 am till 11:00 am daily. The counter service menu includes a entrees such as an eggs and pancakes platter and a ham and cheese omelet , as well as, Children’s breakfast meals. Both of these additional meal periods are scheduled to continue through August 8, 2009.

Das Meet und Greet

7/20/09 Earlier this month, the Germany pavilion at Epcot unveiled a new themed Meet & Greet location for its daily Snow White Meet & Greets. The new location features a detailed wishing well as the focal point.

Summer Switches

7/20/09 Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park has made several changes in its entertainment locations and character line-ups for the Summer of 2009. DiVine is currently appearing in the Oasis section of the park. Baloo, King Louie, Flik and Terk are currently holding intermittent Meet & Greets in the area between the Asia and Africa section of the park. The Camp Minnie-Mickey section of the park is currently offing the “Good Times Gathering Spot” event daily from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm. The event includes intermittent meet & greet opportunities with Meeko, Chip & Dale, Koda and Kenai; a live DJ, and storytelling sessions with Pocahontas. These entertainment offerings and locations will continue through August 8, 2009.

So-Long Station

7/20/09 Demolition has begun on the long dormant Tommorowland Skyway Station. Although details of the project are still sketchy, it has been internally announced that the renovations are planned to be complete November 2009 and will included refurbished Guest restrooms. While there has been no confirmation of a connection, it is being speculated these renovations will somehow be tied to the current major refurbishment of the adjacent Space Mountain attraction.

Bethanymouse
07-21-2009, 12:30 AM
Thanks so much for the update Jason....love the new character info!

pdrlkr
07-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks Jason! :thumbsup: :mickey:

pianobabe
07-25-2009, 09:56 AM
As always, thanks for the updates. I really enjoy and appreciate them.:mickey:

vizsla
07-27-2009, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the updates.

Figment!
07-27-2009, 07:00 PM
**Update**

Dsnygirl
07-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Thanks Jason! I sure hope we can access the new Tequila Bar during the F&W Fest w/o doing the $35 option... I'd love to try something there, but there are so many other things during the Fest to try I sure wouldn't want to spend $70 for my DH and I and be on "alcohol overload" before we even move on! ;)

As far as Living with Land, I hope they are planning these refurbs soon, my girls have never been on and I know they would LOVE it. So -- crossing fingers it will be operational the end of October!! :fingers:

Figment!
07-27-2009, 09:25 PM
I sure hope we can access the new Tequila Bar during the F&W Fest w/o doing the $35 option... Yes, outside of the times listed above, the Tequila Bar should be open to the public.

vizsla
07-28-2009, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the updates.

hope
07-28-2009, 07:35 PM
More to Meet

7/27/09 Character Cast have reported that a Phineas and Ferb Meet and Greet is currently in the planning stages for Walt Disney World. Reports from Cast have held little concrete information at this point, but have indicated that Disney’s Hollywood Studios is currently being considered as the location for the future entertainment option.

OMG! DS and DH would be so excited to see Phineas and Ferb characters in the parks! We are huge fans of P&F around here! Anyone have any idea how long it *could* take to go from the "planning stages" to fruition? We'll be there in Oct., it would be so awesome... :fingers:

SurferStitch
07-28-2009, 08:06 PM
We would LOVE to see Phineas and Ferb during our December trip, but rumors/stories I've read state they will be showing up sometime in 2010. Guess we'll see....

Jeff
07-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the info!:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
07-28-2009, 10:11 PM
Something about that Skyway station coming down kind of tugged at my heart strings. It will be odd to not see it when riding the TTA. :(

Figment!
07-29-2009, 04:19 PM
**Update**

Dsnygirl
07-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Looks like we'll be headed to this movie before our fall trip -- ought to be a fun show! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
07-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the info Figment!:mickey:

AlexinWonderland
07-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Something about that Skyway station coming down kind of tugged at my heart strings. It will be odd to not see it when riding the TTA. :(

Me too, not just odd not seeing it anymore, but it was one of my favourite rides when I was little, along with WEDway Peoplemover (I guess I liked being high up and getting that great view of the park)

DisneyDoug2
07-31-2009, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the updates