PDA

View Full Version : How is the EMH a.m. at Hollywood Studios?

Gregandmel
07-20-2009, 04:11 PM
We've never taken advantage of the morning emh's - how are they at HS?

We may try to take advantage of one on a Saturday morning late April/early May. My son will make a beeline to ToT - NOT Toy Story Mania like a large portion will. What can we expect and what time should we get there if the park opens at 8am?

Thanks so much!!!:rocks:

Tinkpink
07-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Not sure about that time of year (we go in August usually); however, we definitely try to do early EMH at DHS. Love TSM and that is where the crowds were heading when we were there. I think you may just walk on TOT at that time of day - not alot of people heading straight there. Many get to TSM and get fast passes and then move to the other big attractions.

It is worth going to DHS for EMH in my opinion.

Enjoy

Gregandmel
07-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks Tinkpink! We usually try to avoid the weekends AND emh's in the am, but we will give it a go this time around. I had heard that some parks are better for emh in the morning than others and although I can't find the thread, I thought I had read somewhere that HS was NOT a good one to go to in the am, but I guess we'll give it a try. Thanks!! :thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
07-21-2009, 12:57 PM
....I would try to be there at least an hour before rope drop....

...ToT will be EMPTY, you'll certainly be the first riders of the day, as everyone else will head to TSM......:thumbsup:

DisneyFr33k
07-21-2009, 01:12 PM
We've shown up about 15 minutes before the rope drop and were herded to the TSM with everyone else. We still got to ride TSM 3 times before the fast pass lines got too late. We also rode the ToT and RRC several times. But early afternoon, the crowd factor sufficates us (the park is so small for the volume) that we leave early and head to our resort pool.

KAJUNKING
07-21-2009, 03:56 PM
we went last sept for morning emh and got there a little after rope drop. the lines for tsmm were already long but you could ride tot and rcnrc over and over if you wanted to

Emptynest
07-21-2009, 10:53 PM
We were there last week during EMH and I would say more than 2/3 of the crowd headed to TSM. It was still a quick wait to ride it (and you could ride it again with minimal wait time)and there was plenty of time to head over to TOT.

twinboyz
07-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Great Post! Our plan was to head to TSM since we missed this ride the last time. It's a must do this time around. Guess we'll follow the crowds!!!!!!

vws_and_disney
07-23-2009, 02:44 PM
We also like doing the Morning EMH at DHS. You get the big rides (TSM,ToT,RnR) out of the way early go back to your hotel or do a little shopping, and head back a little later. Then when you return you can just relax and take you time on the other attractions.:mickey:

iluvdumbo
08-05-2009, 06:40 PM
We will be using EMH in the evening to HS when we go in Oct, so that means no Fantasmic :(

We are going to get Fastpasses for TSM when we get there and maybe go on it if the line isn't crowded. We can't spend a whole day there because both my mom and I can't do RRC and I don't like TOT. We are going out of the park for dinner w/free dining and going back for the EMH.

We have done the EMH in HS in the morning and the lines aren't bad if you get there right away and do what you are planning on doing before the park officially opens.

Have fun on your trip :mickey: