PDA

View Full Version : Would you stay at SSR?

Disneydolls
07-20-2009, 02:36 PM
We have ressies for 7 nights at CSR and 5 at WL in August. Considering changing to SSR for whole time. I don't see much chatter about SSR, is there a reason why?:confused:

Seasonscraps
07-20-2009, 02:51 PM
I would leave the reservations the way they are -- CSR is a nice resort and WL is one of my faves.

I am not sure why there is not too much chatter about SSR. I don't really have any interest in staying there although I dont have a good reason for feeling that way since I have never been there.

chefmickey3
07-20-2009, 03:09 PM
We are DVC members at SSR. What size room would you be using and how many in your party? We have a family of 5 so we need the extra space. We stayed in a studio back in November and loved it! I will say I like WL slightly more (because of the boat to the MK) and have never stayed at CSR. If the cost was the same, I would do SSR for the entire trip.

DizneyRox
07-20-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm not a fan of SSR in any stretch. I find the accomodations to be lacking of those of a deluxe. It's spread out like a moderate, has the exterior hallways of a moderate, multiple bus stops, and is way out of the way from most of the real action for me to put up with.

I do like their food court, some decent choices there, but it could be so far away from your room to be useful, I wouldn't factor that into your decision...

diz_girl
07-20-2009, 04:23 PM
I have never stayed at SSR or CSR, but I have stayed at WL. I'd recommend staying with the reservations that you have. Both WL and CSR are closer to the parks and have better transportation options. WL has the boat launch to the MK and CSR is centrally located to all four of the parks. If you will be spending a lot of time at DTD, then I might recommend SSR.

ThanxForNoticin
07-21-2009, 12:28 PM
We have stayed at all 3 resorts you are discussing. While SSR is nice, I would definitely keep your current reservations.

BluewaterBrad
07-21-2009, 05:12 PM
We have only stayed there once. It was for 1 night the week before the heavy x mas season. We liked it, but really did not see much of the resort.:mickey:

Marceline
07-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Personally there is not draw to SSR for me because it is so huge and sprawling and the theme just isn't my cup of tea.

I love WL passionately however and you will see they are like day and night in size and setting.

WL is so intimate and cozy and homey but at the same time grand and gorgeous. It's like a warm pair of slippers and a mug of hot cocoa while your snuggled under your favorite blanket...metaphorically speaking.

What makes you think you want to drop the booking for WL?

AuntLaura
07-21-2009, 08:47 PM
We stayed at SSR once. I echo the previous comments. The only positive, is, if staying in Congress Park, you are close walking distance to DTD, which can be fun. We love going to eat at the Earl.

Mickey052501
07-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Most defintely, it is a beautiful resort and the location to Downtown Disney is great!!!

threeh
07-22-2009, 10:41 AM
I am a fan of SSR. We stayed last trip and are staying again for 2 nights if Novemeber. I did stay in Congress park, close to DTD but I really loved the place. We had a great room and I enjoyed walking to DTD for dinner. I am looking forward to staying again!! The bus service was very good. I all around enjoyed it!!

Happy Planning:mickey: