PDA

View Full Version : January trip--MLK weekend busy?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
07-20-2009, 12:44 PM
We are planning to travel during January from the 15th through 18th for a quick trip. My DD will turn 14 during this trip and her only wish is to be able to go to HS on her actual birthday and audition for the American Idol Experience. Since we are DVC members and can stay on points and have annual passes, we think we'll surprise her with a trip! :secret: This is Martin Luther King Jr weekend. Has anyone been during this time? Is it busier than normal? I assume it will still be less busy than our recent trip this summer, but I'm just curious....Thanks!!

tink179
07-20-2009, 01:10 PM
hello there fellow iowan! We usually go in January and have been during MLK. It's a little busier, but definitely still nice! There's still not long waits for anything. You'll have a good time!:mickey:

ginger19
07-21-2009, 07:18 AM
I've been that weekend 2 years in a row. Both years we had cooler (one year was COLD) weather and it was very crowded. After the monday holiday, the crowds lessen significantly but the weekend was very busy. The big rides had waits of 90 minutes.
There also seemed to be a lot of school trips during that time.

DisneyAndRedSox
07-21-2009, 07:18 AM
A little busier but nothing like peak season. With Fast Passes you should be fine!

My DH comes only comes for a long weekend when I go with my parents in Jan. He has no patience for lines and he has always done fine that weekend! LOL

Twinkletoes77705
07-21-2009, 02:14 PM
We went in 2008 that weekend...I was sooo nervous hearing how it gets crowded...However I was VERY happy with the turn out. Was not bad AT ALL! I mean if you have only been when there was NO One..then maybe it would be a little more...but it was not bad at all. The only time I thought it was a bit much was watching wishes that Sat. I will do that earlier in the trip this time...not on MLK weekend. We will be there the same time as you. We will be there Wednesday- Monday.