PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean just made me tear up.

Darin M
07-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Those Pirates movies really do bring out emotion. I guess it's because I love the attraction at Disney World. Does this happen to you when you watch it? And what part of the trilogy gets you emotional?

It'sWDW4me
07-20-2009, 12:30 PM
At the end of one of the movies - is it the first one? - Captain Jack Sparrow is standing on the deck of the Pearl, consults his compass, and says/sings "Drink up me hearties, Yo Ho!"

Makes me want to go on the ride right then and there!

nicster
07-20-2009, 01:01 PM
My emotion is joy. When Jack's boat is sinking as he glides up to the dock at the beginning of the first movie... I get tickled, Depp plays the part soooo well.

Sally_The_Ragdoll
07-20-2009, 02:01 PM
The beginning of the last movie, when all the pirates are singing at the gallows? I started crying. Now, i'm usually a pretty sarcastic chick, and normally i'd just try to laugh it off. But I found myself unable to stop the tears the moment that little boy started to sing.

murphy1
07-23-2009, 07:28 PM
This isn't sad, but I always love the scenes of Jack's entry and his theme song, pure movie magic Disney style, and I love Depp, too :)

Melanie
07-23-2009, 07:33 PM
I always tear up a bit watching the first one. It's so clever and well done. Love it! :thumbsup: Get a few of those moments in the 3rd one as well.

GothMickey
07-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Speaking of Pirates, is it true Disney just announced at Comic Con that filming for Pirates 4 will begin in Spring?

candleshoe
07-30-2009, 09:28 PM
The part that gets me emotional/excited is the "parlay" in the 3rd one. When they're on the island- will, davey jones, and the english chap standing there with the other three walking towards them while this great music reminiscent of "the Good the Bad and the Ugly" is playing.

From start to finish, this is such a well shot scene and it's amazing how a scene of 3 people walking towards three other people can generate such emotion!

Marceline
07-30-2009, 09:34 PM
It's the music that gets me all gooey inside in all 3 films. :thumbsup::mickey: