PDA

View Full Version : Le Tour

Advnt05
07-20-2009, 07:35 AM
Is anyone else following the Tour de France? Wow..how explosive was Contador yesterday? Armstrong is hinting at coming back next year to challenge him. I'm not sure he could do it. It will be interesting seeing how much support he can give Contador for the remainder of this race.

Phantod
07-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Oh yeah. Been watching the tour since the days of Greg Lemond.

Haven't been able to watch much of it this year. Stupid Dish Network has Versus on the highest program, which we don't have. Grrrr. That's why we went with Dish originally, and now.....:mad:

Anyway, I didn't get to see it, but was listening on tour radio. Contador is awesome, but I don't think the tour is over yet. There are still 3 more days in the mountains, with Mt. Ventoux on Saturday. I think things are still available for Lance to catch him. AND, there is still the individual time trial, which Lance excels at, so he should be able to pull back some time on Thursday.

In any case, it would be way cool if Kloden can slide up a position and Astana could have positions 1 through 3. Too bad about Levi. How unfortunate.

Living in Sacramento, we have a chance to see them in the Tour of California. Didn't get to see them live this year, but I've ridden most of the roads they did when they left Sac. It was way to rainy and miserable to be out there watching....but hopefully next year.

ThunderChunky21
07-20-2009, 09:50 AM
I have been pulling hard for Armstrong, but I do believe that Contador is just too strong at this point. Armstrong even said himself that he is going to support Contador rather than go on the attack. A very classy move from a very classy, spirited individual, IMO. I kind of hope that Contador returns that favor by allowing Armstrong to at least go for a stage win. We'll see. It has been a very interesting tour so far with Cavendish's four stage wins. Too bad about all of the mishaps with the spectators. First, a ladies dog gets loose and gets hit by a cyclist, then the incident with the chase motorcyle and the person getting killed, and then the stupid teenagers with their BB guns shooting at the cyclists. Wish people could enjoy the beauty that is the tour instead of being ridiculous.

nicster
07-20-2009, 10:54 AM
I have been pulling hard for Armstrong, but I do believe that Contador is just too strong at this point. Armstrong even said himself that he is going to support Contador rather than go on the attack. A very classy move from a very classy, spirited individual, IMO. I kind of hope that Contador returns that favor by allowing Armstrong to at least go for a stage win. We'll see. It has been a very interesting tour so far with Cavendish's four stage wins. Too bad about all of the mishaps with the spectators. First, a ladies dog gets loose and gets hit by a cyclist, then the incident with the chase motorcycle and the person getting killed, and then the stupid teenagers with their BB guns shooting at the cyclists. Wish people could enjoy the beauty that is the tour instead of being ridiculous.
Heard about the dog & the fatality, but BB guns? What's that all about??

Damon18
07-20-2009, 01:49 PM
I have also really enjoyed watching the Tour this year. I believe that Contador looks too strong in the mountains to lose the race. Armstrong has nothing to be ashamed of though. He has been out for a long time and is getting pretty old for this sport. My only real disappointment is that Hincape didn't get the Yellow Jersey on Saturday. He is the classiest guy out there and really deserved to have it for just one day. It's not like he is a threat to the top guys so there was no need to chase him down. It's probably his last chance to ever wear it, sad to see it didn't happen.

ThunderChunky21
07-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by nicster
Heard about the dog & the fatality, but BB guns? What's that all about??

Visit this news story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/cycling/8156974.stm

nicster
07-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Visit this news story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/cycling/8156974.stm
Unbelievable! :(

Missy_Mouses_Dad
07-20-2009, 04:19 PM
I have been watching the tour since the first stage. Contador is really embarrassing himself everytime he opens his mouth. It's too bad Hincapie didn't get the yellow on Saturday, I agree. Armstrong is interesting this time around. He is not his normal reserved self, and is more open with the press, having expressed in a politically correct format his dislike for Contador's actions earlier in the race, and the Hincapie incident this weekend.