PDA

View Full Version : 4 day trip planned, what would you do?

Wishmaker
07-20-2009, 06:45 AM
Making my agenda for upcoming trip. We will only be there for 4 full days. For those of you who have been, what would your daily schedule look like? I am looking for options on what to skip and not. I also know this is a personal opinion, but that is what I would love to hear. What would you do.

sisterslovindisney
07-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Would you mind providing a little more info? Like if you will have hoppers and any kids/ages? Dining plan?

sgdisney
07-20-2009, 08:49 AM
Would you mind providing a little more info? Like if you will have hoppers and any kids/ages? Dining plan?

Also, when are you going? Crowd levels more than anything would affect my plans for a four day trip.

wdwvacationeer
07-20-2009, 10:11 AM
We split our vacation a few years back 4 days in Disney and 4 Days in Clearwater on the beach. What we did was: Epcot the first day- saw what we wanted in the front, took a rest and a swim, then went back for dinner in the World Showcase, walked through some of the countries we liked and then watched Illuminations. Animal Kingdom the next day- focused on the main attractions. We stayed all day and had seen pretty much everything by the time the parade was going on. So, we went back to our resort, swam, rested and then went to Downtown Disney to eat dinner and shop. The next day we went for EMH in the morning to MK and stayed until around lunch time, took time off at the resort and then went back and stayed until after Wishes. Again, we tried to see mostly our favorites and if we had time and could fit it in, saw more. The last day we went to what was then MGM and only did our favorite rides and saw our favorite shows. We left around dinner time to drive to Clearwater. We saw a lot and really the only thing we didn't get to see was Fantasmic because we didn't allow for a whole day at MGM. Even with a few rests we felt like it was a whirlwind- we were able to do it but were glad for the few days at the beach at the end of our vacation.

alaMode
07-20-2009, 10:19 AM
definitely get park hopper tix and mix up the parks every day.

We have a similar trip planned for December:

1. MK then Epcot WS
2. DHS then MK (MVMCP)
3. AK then DHS
4. Epcot FW then Mk

We don't usually do am EMH (slightly too early for us), but we do arrive at each park 15-20 minutes before opening. Either way, be there at park opening--it makes a huge difference!

We always leave the parks for lunch and a mid-day swim break then we hop to another park at night.

We usually visit AK only in the am because it closes so early. We usually visit Epcot WS at night because it stays open late and we can have a great dinner there.

We generally focus on a few "must-do" attractions/shows/activities at each park instead of trying to cram it all in.

I actually like knowing we haven't done everything and we have something new to try when we return!

Have fun!

Tess
poly07
poly08
pop09
pop Christmas 09

bruin1344
07-20-2009, 01:24 PM
I used to do a lot of 4 day trips, here was typical itinerary, I usually ate dinner at Epcot every night:

Day 1: MK then Epcot
Day 2: DHS then Epcot
Day 3: AK then waterpark then Epcot
Day 4: DHS, waterpark, or Epcot then MK

I usually spend one half day at AK, waterpark, & DHS, and at least 2 half day at Epcot and MK

Wishmaker
07-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the answers, I guess saving on the park hopper is not really a good option. We are going in October just 2 of us, no kids, we will be doing the dining plan and have our restaraunts picked out. I know from previous visits that we wont be able to do everything. So what you skip and or not skip, I think we are going to pass on AK. IDK

King Triton
07-20-2009, 10:00 PM
My four days, in no particular order:

- Epcot
- MK
- 2/3 AK, 1/3 DHS
- 1/2 MK, 1/2 Epcot

If you have a rental car, I like to return to the airport from Epcot, since its very predictable how long it will take to get to the car.