PDA

View Full Version : Merchandise Credit????

julie0282
07-20-2009, 03:36 AM
Dear Julissa,

Now you can add extra shopping fun to look forward to on your upcoming vacation. For a limited time, you can purchase a $500 Walt Disney World Merchandise Credit for just $395*. The credit is valid at over 150 locations with no expiration date!

Since you've already booked your package, just call us to order your Merchandise Credit
at 407-939-7761. Be ready with your PIN: ***********

But don't delay—you must make this purchase at least seven days before your arrival date.

See you real soon!

Sincerely,

Dara Trujillo
Walt Disney World Merchandise Marketing

PS Please remember to call us right away at 407-939-7761 because this offer expires August 14, 2009. Don't forget your PIN:**************

You can also purchase a $600 credit for just $445* or a $1,000 credit for just $695*.

HAS ANYONE ELSE RECIEVED THIS EMAIL??? HAS ANYONE USED THIS? :confused:

jimsgal05
07-20-2009, 09:17 AM
hello I have not recieved one but I saw another post on a different web site about this how Disney is doing this promo...wow lots of restrictions...can't use it in some places in Epcot..but other wise a good deal...no experation date..so if ya go there often one time a yr.
hey ya got stuff covered for gifts...

If i got that pin I think I might do it for the simple reason no experation date...

well I wish ya luck...

VWL Mom
07-20-2009, 09:22 AM
This was posted on another site:
This Credit -- which is supposed to be valid at over 150 locations at the WDW Resort and, more importantly, has no expiration date -- does come with a few conditions. Chief among these being that:

The Walt Disney World Merchandise Credit may not be used towards the payment of a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel room night or reservation or a Disney Cruise Line reservation, aboard Disney Cruise Line, or towards the purchase of any food and beverage items, spa services and products, personal services such as face painting, caricature drawings, hair braiding, and hair wrapping, recreation activities, or tours.

The Walt Disney World Merchandise Credit is also not accepted at Walt Disney World Resort Operating Participant locations, including but not limited to, China, Japan, and Morocco pavilions at World Showcase in Epcot, Arribas Brothers, Basin, Basin White, Cirque du Soleil, Curl by Sammy Duval, Ghiradelli, House of Blues, Hoypoloi, LEGO Imagination Center, Magic Masters, Magnetron, Niki Bryan Spas, Orlando Harley Davidson Store, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, Richard Petty Driving Experience, Rubio Balloon Arts, SD Watersports, Sosa Cigar, Starabillias, Sunglass Icon, Surrey Bike Rental, Virgin Megastore, Wyland Galleries and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World Resort.

FriendsofMickey
07-20-2009, 09:58 AM
I have never seen it, but as long as I could call the normal Disney phone number and get the deal. I would definately consider doing it. (I would say I would definately do it, but I would want to check with dh first. :) )

Goofy Pluto
07-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Does anyone know how far in advance you can purchase this? We're going next August, not this year, and was wondering if it would be good then. Does it expire?

Thanks.

julie0282
07-20-2009, 12:30 PM
yes it has an expiration. And every pin i believe is different

nicster
07-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Sounds like a great offer, I hope I get one...:mickey:

wdwnomad
07-20-2009, 10:47 PM
They offered this deal back in November/December of last year. I was lucky enough to get it. It did have lots of restrictions on it but I was able to use it no problems. I probably did most of my Christmas shopping with it. I was actually suprised at how much stuff I was able to buy with it considering how much I paid for the card. If you get the $1000 card it is really like getting 30% off. I bought the $1000 one because I knew I was going back in September and it didn't expire. I still have a nice bit left on it. When I saw this offer is going out again I was thinking I might need to buy another one! I am hoping I get this pin.

magicofdisney
07-20-2009, 11:41 PM
It sounds like the restrictions are similar to the Birthday Fun Card promo going on this year. If you can use this toward park tickets, that's a great deal!

KAT1811
07-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Hate restrictions!

Not sure that we would take advantage of the promo. We go at least once a year and don't buy too much "stuff" anymore. How many stuffed animals, frames and magnets can you have??? If we could use it towards food or drinks maybe. Even face painting is excluded? Quite a bit of what they restict is what I would like to use it on. I suppose I'd have to take a harder look but. . . I haven't gotten the pin offer so I suppose I don't have to worry, now do I? LOL! ;)

KAT1811
07-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Plus we have two birthdays on our next trip and plan to take advantage of the birthday gift cards since we have annual passes so that would be a whole lot to spend and lug home!!! LOL!

magicofdisney
07-29-2009, 03:07 PM
I wanted to give an update regarding the Birthday Fun Card. My mom and her sister were able to use the Fun Card to upgrade their seasonal passes to annual passes. So it's possible these Merchandise Credit cards can be used for park tickets.