PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast Foods to Pack

jraczes
07-19-2009, 04:24 PM
We plan on sending some snacks and such down to our hotel. What type of breakfast foods should I send that do not require a fridge and that we can eat on our way to the parks?

gaffz70
07-19-2009, 04:47 PM
We usually pack nutrigrain bars, poptarts and granola bars and some donuts(which is a huge treat for our kids as we never buy them) for the kids. I usually eat a balance bar. And my dh is like an old man as he needs his oatmeal in the morning - last time he used up all of our snacks buying OJ and oatmeal for BF - this time I'm mailing a container of oatmeal just for him!!!

thrillme
07-19-2009, 05:10 PM
They have LOTS of different types of breakfast bars and granoloa bars...Pop Tarts are good too. (If you really want them toasted I know the Value resorts have toasters in their dining room...don't know about the other hotels although)

BluewaterBrad
07-19-2009, 05:16 PM
I like to bring granola bars. Sometimes I also bring those Smukers already made PB&J sandwiches.:mickey:

jonahbear2006
07-19-2009, 05:49 PM
our grocery store sells fresh waffles in the bread section. that would be nice. you wouldnt need to warm the up even, just a bit of syrup or jam for them. we go to sams and get a big container of muffins and a container of danishes and then a container of cresents and that pretty much does us, for breakfasts.

elmjimmlm
07-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Our kids like single serving cereal such as Froot Loops or Lucky Charms and eat them with no milk...We also do granola bars and Poptarts...

nicster
07-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Some nuts & banana works good too.

sisterslovindisney
07-19-2009, 07:23 PM
You could try things like; cereal bars, chewy granola bars, dried fruit, pop tarts, juice boxes, trail mix, etc. You could also send cereal and I think you can buy milk at some of the snack bars to keep in your room fridge.

g8rgirl29
07-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Last year I made muffins and raspberry oatmeal bars, froze them, sealed them in baggies and placed them in a plastic container with an icepack. It was the last thing to go into our checked suitcase. They were great for b'fast and the plastic container gave me something to pack any breakable souvenirs in.

Dsnygirl
07-19-2009, 09:46 PM
We usually bring granola bars (the fiber ones and the special K ones for DH & I, regular Quaker for the girls...) and bags of cereal... I pack bowls and spoons and buy milk there. We also pick up trail mix that is a good mid-morning snack in the parks, and sometimes the Quaker oatmeal squares. We usually have oranges delivered to our room -- gotta love fresh FL citrus in the morning!! :thumbsup:

Sally_The_Ragdoll
07-19-2009, 09:49 PM
My Granny and Grandpa own their own pastry selling business, so they usually give us things to take down with us. Along with the normal Poptarts and granola bars, we also take muffins, cookies(Hey, there are breakfast cookies!), and all sorts of other delicious pastry goodies.

ASweetLov
07-20-2009, 01:12 AM
I take granola bars and nutrigrain bars