PDA

View Full Version : Design a tee shop

azcavalier
07-19-2009, 12:02 PM
We're going again in October :cloud9: and were thinking that custom T shirts might be great new souvenirs. Has anyone done this at the new shop in Downtown Disney yet? How does it work and how much was it?

Itchy
07-19-2009, 01:08 PM
My Daughter got her daughter a small t-shirt last Feb when we were there and I knew it was not cheap. I did a little research and found what may be a good guideline for the cost that you may expect.

T-shirts are available in a wide variety of colors and styles, including long and short sleeve versions, and come in infant, toddler, youth and adult sizes. Prices range from $18 to $31. The company expects to add additional apparel product offerings at a later date at the store

I am not sure how old this pricing is but I think that you will get the idea.

If you go to the Disney World web site and search for the T-shirt shop at Down Town Disney it gives an over view of the process of design or you can do a google search and there are links to explanations how it works.

Hope this helps:mickey:

dml
07-19-2009, 03:42 PM
I did late last year when it first opened, i beleive. It was a little pricey but worth it to me. It was alot of fun and they offer characters that you normally don't see on shirts, plus you can add saysing on them. Alot of fun! Its great to hear they may be adding additional merchandise.

:mickey::mickey:

Donald's Girl
07-19-2009, 10:06 PM
I agree with dml; it was a little pricey but one of the best souvenirs ever! We arrived the day before my birthday and I was able to create a great tee specially to wear on my big day! The selection and options are really amazing and I can't wait to do it again on our next trip.

Scott C
07-20-2009, 12:04 PM
My wife did one a couple of weeks ago -- it is nice -- it was about $30. Lots of characters to choose from, but I was hoping to find more park specific offerings -- attractions and such.

HINT -- instead of waiting for your shirt to be printed--you can have it sent to your resort

Thanks
Scott C

doombuggy
07-23-2009, 12:44 PM
If I remember correctly, there are over 300 choices for the t-shirt print.

Belle_0717
07-23-2009, 01:24 PM
DH & I had them made in May. He got his first - Mr Mater fan that he is. I had a hard time choosing a design and actually walked out of the store so frustrated. We decided on Tink - looking over her shoulder on green with "It's All About Me" written in blue. I love it. We did not put dates on it.

When we go in November, I think we will get holiday ones made up to wear at MVMCP. I can only hope my dad agrees.

poohbearkris
07-29-2009, 11:01 AM
How is the quality of the picture printed. Does it come off or fade after time? My DS loves Figment and they seem to have so little with him, that it may be a good option if we can't find anything at the attraction. Thanks.:figment:

KAT1811
07-29-2009, 12:04 PM
That might be fun for our family. We typically have a family picture taken in disney for our christmans card. We are staying at OKW so DTD is only a boat ride away. How fun would it be to have all of us togther is matching customized T-shirts. Am i to assume that you can put you family's name and dates on the shirt?

DisneyPrincess21
07-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Am i to assume that you can put you family's name and dates on the shirt?

Yes you can!
:tink:
*Hope you have a magical trip!*

LavaLamp
07-29-2009, 01:13 PM
In my personal opinion, I did not much care for the Tshirt shop. I was going to make one for my friend and I, but that would've totaled to around $70. Also, when you order one, it won't be ready until the next day. I prefer to not have to make several stops during my short visits to the world. Take my advice, buy some iron-on transfer paper and create a Tshirt design in microsoft word or something. Endless possibilities and a lot cheaper!

KAT1811
07-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Yes you can!
:tink:
*Hope you have a magical trip!*

Thanks! Could be a plan this trip!!! you too have a great trip. We'll only miss you by a few weeks!

ChipDale2708
07-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Did the shop have various Jiminy Cricket designs? If so, I just started my Christmas shopping for my Mom!! :thumbsup:

angyl15
07-30-2009, 09:30 AM
For those of you who don't know, there is a website that is an authorized disney merchandiser. If you go to google and search for "custom disney shirt" it will be the first link. I am guessing I cannot link to it here, but it starts with a 'Z'. It looks like they only offer tees, but you can add custom text, as well as change size, placement, etc. Might be a good option for those wanting shirts to wear while in wdw.