PDA

View Full Version : Riding Amtrak to Orlando

mouseneer
07-19-2009, 01:50 AM
We rode from Baltimore-Penn Station. Twenty and one-half hours, one way. We rode it to experience a different mode to WDW. In a word- exhausting. Five seconds after we got off the train in Orlando, a news reporter sticks a camera and mic in my face to ask me " Why did you decide to take Amtrak this holiday (Thanksgiving )?". Almost an entire day on a train,no bed, no toothbrush, no hairbrush, same clothes...I looked fantastic for a TV interview. Never, never, never....again. Don't do the train thing for your vacation, take my advice.

JenniferS.
07-19-2009, 08:03 AM
I did this when I was 18 in January w/ my best friend. It took 33 1/2 hours to get there. Never...ever....again. 3 hour non-stop flight is way worth the money. lol!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-19-2009, 09:51 AM
We take the Amtrak Auto-Train to Disney and LOVE it. But, we get the bedroom and they serve a great dinner and a light breakfast, so we arrive refreshed and ready for the day.

JPL
07-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Flying is definately my favorite option:thumbsup:

Going to Pop this over to Vacation Planning:thumbsup:

nicster
07-20-2009, 10:57 AM
I vote for flying too. Thanks for the 'review'.

TheRustyScupper
07-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Almost an entire day on a train,no bed, no toothbrush, no hairbrush, same clothes... Don't do the train thing for your vacation, take my advice.

1) If you go Coach, that is what to expect.
2) But, if you get a bedroom, it is a good experience.
3) You just have to be willing to spend the money.

nicster
07-20-2009, 11:02 AM
1) If you go Coach, that is what to expect.
2) But, if you get a bedroom, it is a good experience.
3) You just have to be willing to spend the money.
Hey Rusty,
Do you know the difference in price between the two options? Just wondering if the flight vs. bedroom price is a wash???