PDA

View Full Version : Never been to DL

Crow
07-18-2009, 11:39 PM
althought Ive been to WDW 17 or 18 times....
i may go to Vegas in Sept & thinking a little about hittin DL for a few days before...
should I? or should i wait until next yr or so until they complete the rehabs...although I may go to TDL in a yr or 2 and could hit DL then.

NotaGeek
07-18-2009, 11:54 PM
althought Ive been to WDW 17 or 18 times....
i may go to Vegas in Sept & thinking a little about hittin DL for a few days before...
should I? or should i wait until next yr or so until they complete the rehabs...although I may go to TDL in a yr or 2 and could hit DL then.
The DCA redo isn't going to be finished until 2012 ... so it's a bit longer then next year.

if you can get to Disneyland and see the original, why not? Then you can go again in 2 years when you are enroute to Tokyo! :mickey:

Marceline
07-18-2009, 11:58 PM
We went in May for the 1st time and it was wonderful. I say it's totally worth the visit. DCA isn't completely torn apart, still very doable. DL is barely bothered by any rehabs....just a few construction walls in tomorrowland.

I enjoyed ever detail and difference. I could easily spend 5+ days absorbing it all.:mickey:

2Epcot
07-19-2009, 12:04 AM
You'll be so close, you have to go. There are many things in Disneyland that are not in WDW, as well as different versions of the same rides. You'll have a good time. :mickey:

MegaDisney
07-19-2009, 12:35 PM
The major construction is in DCA so Disneyland isn't effected. I wouldn't miss a chance to see Walt's Park. :mickey::thumbsup:

nicster
07-19-2009, 01:22 PM
GO! You will not be disappointed, trust Walt.

Do you have any idea where you will stay?

badkitty
07-19-2009, 07:50 PM
If I were you, I would definitely go! It is a completely different experience than WDW. Then you can go back after the DCA remake!

Crow
07-21-2009, 08:52 PM
well the money may b a reason.
and it would probly b solo. heard the Disney hotels are more exp.
I would like to see Indy & some of the dark rides....
wonder how far Universal is from there and how hard it would b to get around from John Wayne airport etc

NotaGeek
07-21-2009, 10:33 PM
well the money may b a reason.
and it would probly b solo. heard the Disney hotels are more exp.
I would like to see Indy & some of the dark rides....
wonder how far Universal is from there and how hard it would b to get around from John Wayne airport etc
With traffic Universal is anywhere from 45 mins to 2 hours from Dinseyand. John Wayne is a breeze and rarely more thand 30-40 minutes to Disney. The best thing about DLR is that if you can't afford one of the DLR Resort Hotels there are options right across the street from the Main Gate. You can find a lst of Good Neighbor Hotels (http://www.intercotwest.com/resortGuide/Moderate.asp) in our new updated Resort Guide. I have stayed at many of the moderates, the Ramada Maingate is a great choice, includes breakfast, the staff is awesome, and it's rarely more than $100 per night -- and it's closer to the gates than any of the DLR Hotels. :mickey:

Crow
07-23-2009, 11:11 PM
thanks.
im in the debating stage, if i do it for 3 nights or so then Vegas...
i know that i should see the original, but also know that i want to see Tokyo DL someday.
dont know if going 3 days and trying to get to Universal or other places would do DL justice.
from what I read the DL resorts arent as good at WDW resorts, but some of the closeby and/or good neighbors arent bad

Marceline
07-24-2009, 01:56 AM
If your a Disney fan, seeing the original is a MUST at some point. Since you'll be going solo, 3 days is perfect.

Top Reasons

-Original unadulterated Tiki room.
-Mainstreet USA that truly represents Walt's hometown, Marceline.
-POTC is better!
-Space Mt. is waaaay better!
-Small World and Toontown are definitely better here!
-Indy and the Matterhorn!
-New Orleans Square is gorgeous!!!
-This is the ORIGINAL, Walt's baby, he walked here.

Price your 3 nights out at a Good Neighbor Hotel and you'll be surprised at how low it can be. HoJo's and Cane Inn are favorites.

IMHO I wouldn't bunch TDL and DLR together....savor them separately. A journey to TDR will be massive undertaking, I wouldn't want to tack on a quick stop at DLR....that just sounds hectic.

glenpreece
07-26-2009, 01:41 AM
I am glad I saw this thread cause I am planning a first ever Trip (plus it's solo) to DL and I am considering staying at the CCI!!!

murphy1
07-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Hey there Crow! The mere fact they still have Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is a great reason to go! And no ex-wives will you run into! I am trying to go next year for a first time visit. I am even more excited than going to Disney World, maybe b/c I lived right next to that one growing up. I am going to get a res at Blue Bayou too, I have heard it's good, you might want to check out their menu.

Crow
07-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the opinions. Im still looking.
Prices for lodging is high somewhat...the DL resorts are way high, even CC & Hojo (which isnt available on some dates Im looking at) appear to be 100+
and not sure if only 3 or 4 nights will be enough along with a few nights in Vegas.
ticket prices appear to be going up next Sunday. best deal if for a 3 day (get 2 free days extra) still it would be $180 or so for that.
and i would have to figure on how to use my free SW flights from PHL to Anaheim then Vegas and back to PHL
but pluses-
no exs (that I know of) there.
some dark rides that are diff from WDW
its the original.
unknowns to me are the crowds, waiting times, getting around and food.
I know those things about WDW.
I may wait and see if any last min deals happen.
everyone that is going enjoy!