PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and Pixie Dust Needed

starryeyes21
07-18-2009, 08:11 PM
You guys are so good at encouragement and support that I just had to ask.....

I am currently eight weeks pregnant. Before my husband and I conceived I made sure that I went to the doctor for an appointment to make sure that I was healthy, etc. While I was there I asked for blood screenings for genetic diseases because I was concerned and was told that it was unnecessary because I was young and healthy.

Fast forward to two weeks ago when I received a call from the doctor telling me that both me and my husband carry the gene for cystic fibrosis. My baby now has a 1 in 4 chance of inheriting the disease.

I, now, have to go through genetic counseling and an invasive test called a CVS. It may even cause a miscarriage. I'm very scared. For myself, for my baby, and for my marriage. My husband isn't sure if he wants to continue with the pregnancy if the baby has CF and I'm sure that I do.

I would really appreciate some prayers and pixie dust for my little one. Thank you.

buzznwoodysmom
07-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Just wanted to say how very sorry I am that you and DH have to go through this. Best of luck with everything. Try to think positive thoughts. Prayers and :pixie: on its way!

FriendsofMickey
07-18-2009, 09:24 PM
I will keep you in my prayers.

Dsnygirl
07-18-2009, 09:41 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: I'm so sorry you have to go through this, I'm sending as much pixie dust and as many prayers your way as I can that your CVS will come back fine, and for you and your DH as you deal with your differing views.

I'm a Labor & Delivery nurse, so I'll make sure the pixie dust is extra strong!! And just a word of encouragement... we see a lot of women here who have had that procedure, and very, very few ever have complications from it. Good luck to both you and your DH as you deal with this!!

Camping Mom
07-19-2009, 12:21 AM
We all hope and pray our children will be "perfect" but sometimes God sees it all different. Our son was tested for cystic fibrosis when he was about a year old. He did not have the illness, but if he had, we would have loved him all the same. It's hard when you think that child may start off with problems, but their love just shines through all the struggles.

God, please watch over this couple and their child as they await tests and decisions that may have to be made. You have helped this couple to create life and I pray that this child will be without the cystic fibrosis they are scared of. The Bible tells us we can ask boldly of you and so I ask you, dear God, that this baby be healthy. If it isn't in Your plan, then please help this father to understand that a child is a part of himself to love and care for as long they are here on earth. It's ok to be afraid but help him to understand it is all in Your hands and Your design. Please give this young mother to be peace in her heart and know that You are going to be with them every step of the way. It is in your name I pray for this family...Amen.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-19-2009, 12:29 AM
Here's some Pixie Dust that your test results come back ok and that you have a very easy pregnancy.:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

mouseneer
07-19-2009, 06:49 AM
Prayers are coming your way ! Congratulations on expecting ,too.:stork:

gueli
07-19-2009, 07:35 AM
Keep strong and positive.
A good attitude can go a long way, happy mommy=happy baby :pixie::pixie:

May you and yours be safe from CF :pixie::pixie::pixie:

DisneyAggies
07-19-2009, 10:04 AM
You'll be in my prayers.

While CVS can be scary, many women have it done and do wonderfully.

As far as CF is concerned, if it is caught early (which the CVS would allow), the child can live a very full life. I had a student that has CF, and he's now in middle school and as healthy as a horse. The advances they've made are really amazing. I couldn't imagine my world with out him. He's truly an extraordinary boy.

(((HUGS))) and prayers for you.

I know we all pray for a "perfect" child, and (for me) being a mother of a son with some special needs, it can turn your world upside down, but at the same time, it teaches you things you would NEVER learn about yourself otherwise. We've had struggles, and we've had good times, but at the end of the day, I know that God made this child to be mine.

Please keep us posted.

TheVBs
07-19-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm so sorry, I know how stressful it is to go through something like this. I have vivid memories of the stress! Lots and lots of positive thoughts and pixie dust headed your way. Let us know how things go.

Dulcee
07-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Many many prayers and pixie dust to you.

When my Mom was several weeks pregnant (now 18 years ago) with my youngest sister she was told due to a test that returned with a single high value that there was a very good chance her daughter would be born with down syndrome. She admits that it was a scary time but she never stopped loving that baby any less my Father however took some time to be ok with the possible outcome. Savannah was born without Down Syndrome but the feelings and discussions before that birth are one my family won't ever forget.

Give your husband some time to come to grips with the change in your situation and please don't be afraid to talk talk talk, as many have already said a "Perfect" baby can encompass so many wonderful and different possibilities. Have faith that everything will work out for the best and you won't be given anything you can't handle.

meldan98
07-20-2009, 12:19 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Pagan
07-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Massive amounts of positive energies for your family.

Disney Doll
07-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Sending lots of pixie dust and positive thoughts your way!

After the birth of our 1st DH said, I think women become mothers when the pregnancy begins, but men don't become fathers until the baby is born. Just seeing the baby for the 1st time was such an experience for him. I do think it's different for men who only experience the pregnancy from the sidelines. I bet your DH will come around if you give him some time.

DVC2004
07-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Prayers and pixie dust!

starryeyes21
08-11-2009, 08:32 PM
I just wanted to post with an update to my situation. Tomorrow I go in for the CVS and I am so nervous! I am terribly afraid that something is going to happen to the baby.

I was just hoping that maybe you all could spare just a little more pixie dust for me and my little peanut. It would be much appreciated.

Aggie97
08-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Prayers and pixie dust... I really hope all goes well!!! :pixie:

faline
08-11-2009, 08:53 PM
More pixie dust! :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Please know that all your Intercot friends are thinking positive thoughts for you!

mickeys_princess_mom
08-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Hope everything turns out just fine! :pixie:

SurferStitch
08-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Tons of :pixie::pixie::pixie: coming your way, along with my prayers that everything turns out wonderfully for you, your baby and your husband.

Have faith, and know that no matter what, you have friends here. We're always ready to listen.

:hug:

RedSoxFan
08-11-2009, 10:09 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

DisneyOtaku
08-12-2009, 07:36 AM
Will be sending lots of pixie dust your way.

Mousefever
08-12-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm pulling for you with prayers and pixie dust! I hope everything turns out well with the test.

Amy

merlinmagic4
08-12-2009, 03:48 PM
I hope it went well and am sending tons of :pixie: for you!

mrsgaribaldi
08-17-2009, 07:45 AM
Sorry I missed this. Tons of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: and prayers on the way.

Mickey91
08-18-2009, 03:55 AM
Many prayers that God will have his hand on this little one and his/her mommy. :pixie: