PDA

View Full Version : Transportation to Winter Summerland

Mary Chase
07-18-2009, 08:07 PM
We would like to play miniature golf at Winter Summerland in the evening when we are down there this year. At this time, Blizzard Beach will likely be closed. I read somewhere that you take the bus from Epcot to All Stars - so this means I will need to take a bus to Epcot and then get on a second bus to winter summerland? Is this really the only way to get there? And then when we're done - anyone know how to get back to our resort - I assume the same way we got to the course? Thanks!

r4kids
07-19-2009, 12:07 AM
To be on the safe side I would take a cab. That way you know you get to the mini golf and back. I doubt it is very expensive. Call the hotel and ask what they recommend.

Marceline
07-19-2009, 12:22 AM
What time of year are you going exactly? We went last Dec. and BB was open....not very busy, but still open. Ohhh, or are you refering to being open in the evening? :scratch: You might need to check how late Winter/Summerland stays open for that matter.

What resort are you coming from? At WL, the AK bus also goes to BB on every trip. I would think all you need to do is just hop on the AK/BB bus. It will come back to get you too.:D

We loved Winter Summerland, we played the "sandy" Santa on vacation course and plan to hit it again for the "snowy" wintertime course this trip.

:thumbsup::mickey:

joelkfla
07-19-2009, 02:45 AM
Yes, if BB is closed, the only reliable way to get there via Disney Transport is thru Epcot. But it's actually the Coronado Springs bus from Epcot, not the All Stars bus. You'll see that the sign at Epcot load zone #7 says Coronado Springs and Blizzard Beach; the bus' marquee may or may not include BB, but tell the driver you are going there.

For the return trip, you'll also take the bus to Epcot, and transfer to your resort. Make sure to tell the driver that you are transferring.

Check back closer to your trip to make sure nothing has changed. Although this route hasn't been affected yet, there have been recent changes to bus routes, and there are likely to be more coming.

Mary Chase
07-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Thanks for your input. The only option that won't work for us is the cab because we still have a child in a car seat. I guess we may be best to try to play the course during the day. We always play the winter side - and we love it.