PDA

View Full Version : Spectromagic tips

Mary Chase
07-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Does anyone have any tips for good places to view Spectromagic? Main Street always seems so crowded and you have to get there about 2 hours early to get a good spot. Also, I have elderly parents traveling with me - so is there any place where they could actually sit on a bench and still see Spectromagic? I can't think of any place like that. Thanks!

JPL
07-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Frontierland usually has lots of spaces almost right up until the start of the Parade. It also helps to see the 2nd showing since it is usually much less crowded. Not to sure about benches though.

doombuggygal
07-18-2009, 05:08 PM
We always have good luck finding a spot to sit in front of Pecos Bills in Frontierland at the very end of the parade route. There is a knee high wall along the front which is perfect for sitting. We do the second showing and have never had a problem getting somewhere to sit. We usually try to get there about 15 min before it starts.

Pirate Granny
07-18-2009, 07:04 PM
There are rocking chairs between LTT and Peco's Bills...they are in front of one of the many stores down that route...we got them for the MNSSHP and it was about 30 minutes before the parade...WONDERFUL...
:pirate:

Briansmom
07-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Ditto on Frontierland and the later parade!

Enjoy!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-18-2009, 11:04 PM
We always have good luck finding a spot to sit in front of Pecos Bills in Frontierland at the very end of the parade route. There is a knee high wall along the front which is perfect for sitting. We do the second showing and have never had a problem getting somewhere to sit. We usually try to get there about 15 min before it starts.

I'm surprised that it's not more crowded over there since this was the exact same recommendation that I was going to make!

We've even stayed inside the little patio at Pecos and just stood on the chairs and looked over the fence.

07-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Spectro just seems to me to be out of place when it leaves the Castle Hub and goes to Liberty Sq. and Frontierland. Less crowded on the west side but for me, Town Sq., Main St. and the Castle Hub just has that "atmosphere" that a parade in the Magic Kingdom deserves.

Even the Move It, Shake It (MiSiCi in Disney speak) parade seems in place on Main St. (it doesn't go to the west side anyway).

Just the way it feels for me anyway. (first time to WDW in 1973 - now 39 trips later moved to Orlando for 6 months or so just to get a LOT of the magic)

Disnamic Duo
07-20-2009, 10:38 AM
We found a really great spot for viewing Spectro. Just on the Liberty Square side of the bridge from the hub - by the funnel cake place (Sleepy Hollow). The parade will be coming from the hub, and when it's coming across the bridge, you have a long unobstructed view (because no one will be allowed to be on the bridge). No heads are in your line of sight. All clear viewing!

Wishmaker
07-20-2009, 07:33 PM
That brings up an awesome memory for me. Our first trip we were eating at Tony's and were lucky enough to get to sit on the porch. We were able to see the whole thing right there. It was amazing. Haven't been that lucky since, maybe this time. You never know.