PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Cruise

PrincessJadesMom
07-18-2009, 03:30 PM
My DD8 wants to go on the Pirate Cruise Adventure that leaves from the Grand Floridian. Has anybody's kids gone on that before? Did they like it, what do they do? What is there for me to do alone while I wait for her (that's not too expensive)? Thanks for any info you can give me! :mickey:

Scott C
07-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Can't answer for you, but we were "attacked" by pirates on the sassagoula river on the way from POFQ to DD last week -- it looked like the pirates were having a blast.

Thanks
Scott C

tinksmom02
07-18-2009, 05:34 PM
DD and her friend did this cruise last year--they were both 6 at the time. They loved it! The adults had ADR's at the Kona Cafe, and we took the resort launch from the GF to the Poly. We actually followed the pirate ship to the Poly (they didn't see us, though!). We had just enough time to head to the Poly, eat breakfast, and walk back to the GF to pick the kiddos up.

The kids went around to different beaches in search of treasure. The CMs let them run through the sprinklers somewhere--and my DD was the ONLY CHILD who came off the boat absolutely drenched. :o) I had brought an extra change of clothes, but her shoes and socks were soaked through--I had to shell out $35 for Crocs at the GF, or else head back to our hotel LOL They ate lunch (pb&J and some other goodies), and got lots of loot at the end. They really enjoyed themselves, and we could hear them coming a mile away!

If you don't mind dining by yourself, you could have a nice breakfast at the GF Cafe, maybe? Or just walk around and explore the shops at the GF, or take the launch over to the Poly and explore there. I don't know what time the Spa opens, but maybe you'd have time for a quick manicure?

Have fun!