PDA

View Full Version : What to bring for DVC

lionprincess9
07-18-2009, 02:45 PM
We're going for our first DVC stay this month, my mom, my dad, my sister and i. What are some things we should bring? We're in a 2 bdrm BWV

wendy*darling
07-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Bring your usual luggage, but consider packing about half as many clothes! Since you'll have the washer/dryer in your unit- it's very convenient to throw a load in as you head out to the parks in the morning.
Definitely helps to prevent overpacking and extra baggage fees. :thumbsup:
You might want to bring your own detergent and dryer sheets. They have those new sheets that have the detergent and softener in the same sheet. I have heard that they work well. Or you could get those little gel packs (Target has them) and pack a zip lock bag with some dryer sheets.

Think about if you want to cook or not. You may want to order groceries, or just bring come non-perishables in your luggage. We often bring our own coffee, hot cocoa, microwave popcorn, poptarts, peanut butter, etc. The shop at the resort will have bread, milk, eggs, etc. as well as beer, wine, soda. The prices are a little higher than your grocery store at home, but not terribly outrageous for picking up a few supplies.

That's about all I can think of. The villa will have plates, utensils, glasses, mugs and cooking pots, etc. for 8 people (in a 2 bedroom). You'll have a dishwasher as well and a small supply of dishwasher soap.

Enjoy! :mickey:

PlutoPlanet
07-19-2009, 01:10 PM
We always bring cereal for breakfast and extra coffee pods. We buy milk when we get there. The washer dryer really is a convenience. My DW puts in a load before we go to the pool.

wdwfan53
07-19-2009, 04:14 PM
having 2 teenage sons who change clothes at the drop of a hat, we found that by having the washer dryer in our villa was a Godsend. we didnt have to pack as many clothes so that was excellent for me. place a load in the washer when you leave for the parks, dry it when you return.

we also ordered food from an online grocer and we ordered breakfast foods, water, soda and some snacks. that was all we needed. on a previous trip i did order some lunch and dinner items but they really werent necessary.

lionprincess9
07-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greengeen
07-24-2009, 02:36 PM
If you are going to cook, bring your own salt and pepper and any other condiment you regularly use. Most people forget that those are not supplied...

Jeffybob
07-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Cereal, Coffee Pods, coffee filters, sugar and sweetner packets; flavored creamer in powder form if you like that; anything that can be packed and will not spoil such at the items previously stated i.e." I like goldfish, cookies, popcorn, snacks to have around.

If you are going to cook in the unit you can also bring things like Rice-a-Roni, or any other those other prepackaged food items that you like but put them in baggies for travel. Also, cut out the instructions from the box and place those in the baggie with the food. No box to transport and more space in your luggage.

The "on-property" stores carry some things but I have found them to be more generic in nature, i.e.: Original creamer, no flavors and although they will refill your coffee, you will get those little packets with the creamer, sugar and stir and if you like more than one, which most people do, you go through those rather fast.

They only do a towel and garbage change in your room one time while you are there (one week stay) and if you need more items, you have have to hunt down the room attendants and ask.

As previously noted, salt and pepper and any other spices you like since the store will only have large qualities of S/P and no spices, as I recall.

Pre-packaged laundry detergent and dryer sheets of your own are a must have. They only give you one box of detergent and you will do probably more laundry than you might expect since it is available.

Baggies, the gallon and quart sizes are helpful to have along too just in case a need arises.

Hope this helps.

wendy*darling
07-27-2009, 10:35 AM
If you are going to cook in the unit you can also bring things like Rice-a-Roni, or any other those other prepackaged food items that you like but put them in baggies for travel. Also, cut out the instructions from the box and place those in the baggie with the food. No box to transport and more space in your luggage.

Baggies, the gallon and quart sizes are helpful to have along too just in case a need arises.

Great suggestions!
I meant to add the baggies in my list but forgot. They are indispensable.
I love the idea of unpacking dry mixes, etc. and just bringing the ingredients in zip lock bags. :thumbsup:

peemagg
07-27-2009, 11:13 AM
We pack disinfecting wipes for the tubs, especially the jacuzzi tub. They never give you anything for cleaning them out between uses. They are also great for wiping down other things in the room.