PDA

View Full Version : How is Liberty Tree for Dinner?

DisneyFr33k
07-18-2009, 06:47 AM
We're a week out from making our ADR's and we are still undecided about a table service for our second day at Magic Kingdom. We'll try for O'hana with Kona as a back up for our first day, but are considering Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner our second day. Any opinions about Liberty Tree are welcome. How is the food? We aren't too concerned about the characters being gone, but the quality of the food. We've eaten there for lunch, but never dinner.

Thanks!

DizneyRox
07-18-2009, 07:51 AM
The characters made the meal IMHO. It's aceptable, and in terms of a TS at MK, it's near the top, but it won't be the best meal you'll have during your vacation.

I won't be back until the characters return...

Madame Leona
07-18-2009, 08:44 AM
The food is o.k. at best. It was a must do for us because of the characters but they are gone and so are we. I have heard that lunch there is much better. Dinner is served family style but at lunch there is a regular menu.

FriendsofMickey
07-18-2009, 09:00 AM
I have only done the dinner with the characters and as already mentioned the food was okay. We only went for the characters. We are not going there this year.

However, that said, my FIL thought it was the best meal he had at Disney. (He only ate at Morroco, Whispering Canyon, and Liberty Tree and a few CS places). But the point is, he liked it.

I would look at the menu and decide from there. The food was not horrible, but just not something I would pay to eat around home if I were going out.

ransam
07-18-2009, 12:44 PM
we are hoping to eat there this year before the Mickey's christmas party.

omearac
07-19-2009, 08:38 AM
The food was not horrible, but just not something I would pay to eat around home if I were going out.

I agree. I would never, ever pay for that food at home. It tasted rather like microwaved frozen Stovetop and Stouffers. The truth is I actually did not fill up on the food at all because it tasted so fast foodish. :(

T-Belle
07-19-2009, 08:52 AM
I always get the same thing-The Yankee Pot Roast! IMHO absolutely delish! Comfort food at it's best!!

Emme&TeddysMommy
07-19-2009, 08:54 AM
We have eaten at LTT and have enjoyed it each time. We have not been back since the character dinner is not offered any more, but the food was decent. Remember everyone one has different tastes. We usually eat at LTT every year we go. We also enjoy crystal palace in the MK they have a little more variety.

SAH
07-19-2009, 07:19 PM
It was always a place that we made res. for when we went to the MK (dinner) because of the characters..Just doenst seem the same since the changeing...

disneykat
07-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Well, we went several times but ONLY for the characters. IMHO, the food here is some of the worst on property! I'd gladly take Columbia Harbor House or some other counter service over this sit-down experience! Like someone else mentioned, it tastes like microwaved dinners at best! If you are spending the day at MK, I'd suggest taking the monorail to the Contemporary for Chef Mickey's or the Poly for Kona. Kona is one of our favorites! :mickey: