PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay? Coronado or WL

Disneydolls
07-17-2009, 11:15 PM
We are thinking about shooting down to DW during the first two weeks of Aug. Considering staying at WL, never there before, but no sure if I want to pay the extra money compared to Coronado. Have stayed at Coronad three times before, but have heard that they are currently refurbishing, will this cause any issues.

Wannagoback
07-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Not sure about there being any issues with the refurb at CSR but if you do get a room that has been refurbed then it will be nice.... We stayed at WL on our first trip in Dec of 2005 and we just loved it. The place is so beautiful and if we could afford it then we would stay there every time we go. We are heading to WDW again in Dec of 2010 and will be staying at CSR as of now and the refurb will have been long since finished so looking forward to staying there. If you can afford it then give WL a try....:thumbsup:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
07-17-2009, 11:39 PM
both are absolutely gorgeous... i am partial to WL though... if you can spring for the extra, I would go with WL.

JPL
07-18-2009, 12:06 AM
After my recent experiences with CSR it was my worst Disney Resort stay ever.
I would recommend WL. It a beautiful resort and close to the Magic Kingdom. I have always wanted to stay there.

nicster
07-18-2009, 12:17 AM
After my recent experiences with CSR it was my worst Disney Resort stay ever.
I would recommend WL. It a beautiful resort and close to the Magic Kingdom. I have always wanted to stay there.
Sorry to hear that. We really enjoyed CSR despite the hurricane in 2004!

buzz2001
07-18-2009, 08:00 AM
The rehab is down to just three buildings but they are only working on casita 2 at this time. They completely close the building to limit the impact on the guests. By the time you go in two weeks, they will just have two buildings left to complete.

Seasonscraps
07-18-2009, 09:21 AM
If it's in the budget, I would stay at the WL everytime over CSR. It's a beautiful resort - nice ammenities, great location near the MK.

Jillirose
07-18-2009, 01:48 PM
We liked the ease of transportation from WL. Just hop on the boat to the MK monorail system.

KatMark
07-18-2009, 09:50 PM
We've never stayed at the WL and personally have no desire to do so...it just doesn't appeal to us at all. We've visited twice and had rude CM's that we tried to talk to on both occasions, we thought the lobby was very loud and had a distinct odor (probably from the awful food at the WCC). We just don't care for the log cabin/outdoorsy theme in Florida (and we have something very similar in nearby state Wisconsin). That being said, op, you've already stayed at CSR and know you like it. But if you want to give a try to somewhere else, go for it. Have you looked at AKL? It too is one of the cheaper deluxes. We are doing a split stay at the AKL/CSR next year.

Crow
07-18-2009, 11:44 PM
WL is my fav of the deluxes ive stayed in....welll Cont is close too.
of the mods CSR is tied with PORQ for me.
id say go with WL as long as you can afford the difference $...AP is 1 of my fav places to eat and the theme at WL is great.
but if you want to save the $ CSR is good too.

disneykid99
07-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Does anyone know what buildings have been refurbed so far. We have friends staying in 45 days and I would love to recommend a new room. Thanks:mickey:

OogieBoogieMan
07-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Personally, it is a no brainer for me, WL over CSR every time, even if it is more money.

KatMark
07-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Does anyone know what buildings have been refurbed so far. We have friends staying in 45 days and I would love to recommend a new room. Thanks:mickey:

As of today, all of the Cabanas are done (8A, 8B, 9A and 9B), all of the Ranchos (6A, 6B, 7A and 7B) and part of the Casitas; Casitas 4 and 5 are completely rehabbed; the fourth floor of Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are done; right now Casitas 2 is shut down as they are doing the remaining three floors of that building. Once Casitas 2 is done, either 1 or 3 will be down and then the last building.

Yvette
07-26-2009, 08:51 AM
We stayed at CSR for the first time this spring as an experiment. Prior to that we had only stayed deluxe, including once at WL.

We loved CSR! It is now our home resort, believe it or not. Beautiful grounds, especially at night. Very friendly, efficient staff. Good food, nice bar.

While planning for next year's Ocotober trip for the Food and Wine Festival, I can't make up my mind whether to stay at CSR or one of the EPCOT resorts for convenience. Tough one.

As for WL, while the lobby is impressive and was quite pretty at Xmas, it was a bit too dark for me. And the bus service was terrible.

JoDisney
07-26-2009, 09:28 AM
No contest - WL

KAT1811
07-29-2009, 03:49 PM
If you want to spend the $$$ WL if not CSR.

We LOVE CSR! Never stayed at the WL but I have hearn horrible things about the bus service. The only plus I can see is the boat launch to MK but then again how often will you be at MK?

CSR is also great because the busses are fabulous!!! Never a full bus (or at least there never was when we were there) and the pool is quiet too.

If it were me I would most likely end up at CSR simply because of the $$$. We are rarely at our resort so spending the extra $$$ is foolish if we are never going to utilize the ammenities.

We are staying one night at the Poly at the end of our trip but we do plan on spending a great deal of time at the resort. After two weeks in the parks we'll be ready for some down time!

Good luck whatever you choose!!!

jnfr2424
07-29-2009, 03:59 PM
If you can afford it - WL!
My family stayed there when it first opened and we all claim it as "our home" from the huge fireplace and rocking chairs to renting boats on Bay Lake to taking a ferry over to MK and how can I forget Ol' Geyser!
CSR is nice loved it when I was there but there is something about WL

vws_and_disney
08-06-2009, 05:08 PM
CSR i loved the grounds and the atmosphere it was very relaxing at night. The food was also pretty tastey

dmosher
08-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Both of these are my favorite resorts, just in different categories. Before I could afford WL I always stayed at CSR and loved it. DW and I fell in love with WL so much that we bought into the DVC at that resort. We wouldn't have done it if we couldn't get WL as our home.

If you can afford it, try out WL at least once. if you love the charm of CSR, you will really love WL!
:pipes:
D

AllDisney
08-06-2009, 06:25 PM
If money is not object go for WL. That being said, if you can afford a deluxe try the AKL. That is my favorite (so far).

Have a great trip.

Seasonscraps
08-06-2009, 10:45 PM
If money is not object go for WL. That being said, if you can afford a deluxe try the AKL. That is my favorite (so far).

Have a great trip.

WL is a deluxe resort too. :)

HMFan
08-07-2009, 08:02 AM
WL...absolutely. It is my "happy place.". My wife and I used to try a new resort each trip. Then, about 5 trips ago or so, we tried the WL. We've stayed there every time since. The place is just glorious, and Jan 2010 cannot come fast enough!!