PDA

View Full Version : Would a Guest Assistance Card be of any use for Fantasmic?

Neo Fender
07-17-2009, 11:15 AM
On our last trip in 2006 with our (then) four-year-old son w/ autism, we didn’t even try to get a decent seat 60-90 minutes before the show began because the trip in general was a disaster and we didn’t want to take any more chances.

We’re thinking of going again in November but I still don’t think he’ll be able to sit patiently for more than 20 minutes.

I don’t know how a GAC would be handled here by a CM, if at all.

Thanks.

alaMode
07-17-2009, 01:55 PM
I would hand it a CM at the entrance and see if they can offer you any assistance.

The one and only time we took our child with special needs to Fantasmic happened to be during an off-peak time and there were plenty of seats to choose from. We showed up 20-30 minutes before showtime and got good seats.

We weren't sure what to expect, so we went into it thinking we may not be able to see Fantasmic this trip due to crowd issues, but we were pleasantly surprised!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Tess

It'sWDW4me
07-17-2009, 02:04 PM
I would add only this: show your GAC card to a CM around 90 minutes before the show - maybe s/he can rope something off for you so that you can get there just before show time.

Good luck and have a happy trip.

Townie
07-28-2009, 12:43 PM
My son also has autism and unfortunately the GAC does not help with Fantasmic

Mickey'sGirl
07-28-2009, 12:48 PM
We will purchase the Fantasmic package if we want to take our guys. It significantly reduces the wait time, and you get decent seating. Likewise in DL last summer, we purchased the Dessert seating for Fantasmic to help reduce the wait time etc. We have never used a GAC.