PDA

View Full Version : Suprize Resort Transfer

Lisa417
07-17-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm working on Getting a reservation to a Deluxe room for the last night of our trip in Sept. Would it be possible to get our bags moved etc? I would love to be out and about and then just go back to a new resort and surprize we are staying here.. I could manage to sneak away for a little bit to get paperwork or what not together.. Anybody done this???

Seasonscraps
07-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Call bell services to pick up your luggage (or bring it down to them) and they will transfer your bags during the day. They will arrive at the 2nd resort in the late afternoon.

What a nice surprise!!

mook3y
07-17-2009, 10:40 AM
We did this in 2007 going from ASMu to Boardwalk.

I called bellhop desk arranged the transfer then we left.

That night the baggage was not in new room.

I was told they wanted someone at the room when they picked up the luggage to transfer and had not forwarded the luggage yet.

So I would make sure that if you want the move to be a surprise, that you go to bell desk in person to make arrangement, dont do it over the phone.

DizneyRox
07-17-2009, 10:56 AM
You will need to be in the room for them to pick it up, and for them to drop it off.

The best way I can think of doing this is, head to breakfast that morning and then "forget" something in the room. I would call Bell Services before you leave so that they can come at a set time to pickup your luggage when you are there during breakfast.

They WILL deliver it to the new resort, but won't bring it to the room until you call. You will need to check in at the resort at some point during the day, so if you wanted to sneak back there, you could do it (rooms are not ready until 4pm) or just arrive and then call bell services once you are all back tot he room.

But, like I said, someone will need to be in the room for pickup and dropoff.

CleveRocks
07-18-2009, 08:51 AM
I'm working on Getting a reservation to a Deluxe room for the last night of our trip in Sept. Would it be possible to get our bags moved etc? I would love to be out and about and then just go back to a new resort and surprize we are staying here.. I could manage to sneak away for a little bit to get paperwork or what not together.. Anybody done this???I don't know how you live while in a hotel, but I could never pull off such a surprise.

Without anyone else knowing, you'd have to pack up the suitcases, gather all the toiletries from the bathroom, gather all of the other things that happen to be laying around the room (books, souvenirs, etc.). There's no way I could do that without it looking obvious.

Lisa417
07-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Thanks for all your input! Got it all figured out now! LOL

we are going to meet up with our family for Breakfast in the morning, they are checking out that day so I'm going to say I'm going to go help them move their bags down while you finish up. Then we are going to call them and suggest that they go ahead and head over to epcot since we have rang into a few snags and we will meet up with them asap. That way I can pack things up and get everything else all figured out. :o)

I'm really excited about this! Thanks for your help