PDA

View Full Version : Changing resorts and Disney Express

Lisa417
07-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Good Day! Just wondering if someone could inform me about how it would work if we use Disney express to one resort but check out at another resort??

Thanks!

Disney_Barbie
07-17-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm sure someone that is more of an expert on this will come along, but in the meantime I can give you some info...

I know that you can book 1 way DME transfers to or from. For Example, we are doing a slit stay between the AKL & the Swan, we have an inbound DME transfer booked (for DME to pick us up @ the airport & bring us to AKL) but obviously no outbound since the Swan does not offer DME service. However, IF we were spending the 2nd half of our trip at t disney resort, I'm sure it would be equally as easy to book the 1way outbound DME trip, as it was to book the inbound.
Hope that was helpfull!

Pirate Granny
07-17-2009, 07:50 PM
We've had a couple of split stays and they will drop off at one resort and pick you up at another...just make sure that ME has your reservations and you should be fine.
:pirate:

CleveRocks
07-18-2009, 08:46 AM
When you make your reservation for each resort, make sure you make a Disney's Magical Express reservation for each resort (each a one-way trip, of course).

Be prepared for a glitch in the Disney system. For the second resort you stay at, you will need a ride ONLY from the resort to the airport. There is no use for the DME luggage tags in this direction. However, all DME reservations, even one-way reservations, generate a full DME packet, and this will include DME luggage tags with the name of the second resort on them. THROW THEM OUT, or at least put them away in a scrapbook. They are of no use to you, and in fact could mess things up for you if you mistakenly put them on your luggage.

Your luggage should have the DME tags that have the FIRST resort printed on them. And like I said, when you leave the second resort and are returning home, your bags should not have any DME tags whatsoever on them.