PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge - Cot Requests?

WDWRox
07-17-2009, 09:13 AM
While I'm already in the middle of pulling my hair out trying to work out the details of our upcoming trip plans and helping my parents to be able to make it along, my sister from out west is considering coming along as well. We'll all be staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I know the rooms will have 2 queen size beds, but my sister won't want to share a bed with my brother. I don't even recall if there's enough space in the WL rooms for a cot, but if we need to request one for her to use during the stay, is it an extra cost, or something that we can request in advance?

Seasonscraps
07-17-2009, 09:25 AM
You can request it in advance but it's not guaranteed. I believe the daily fee is $15. A lot of people bring aero beds for extra sleeping space. You can ship it prior to arrival if you don't want to carry it in your luggage.

TammiMcMan
07-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Each resort has a very limited number and it's not really something you can request in advance. You'll have to wait until you arrive and ask at check-in. As the previous poster mentioned, no guarantees, so you might want to have a Plan B.

Pirate Granny
07-17-2009, 07:46 PM
You could request a room with a day bed...that may solve your problem...are you having 5 adults in that room?
:pirate:

Mitzie
07-17-2009, 10:10 PM
I know that WL and AKL do not typically let you put 5 in a room. For fire codes they only having beds for up to 4 in a standard room. Can you bring your own air bed and put 5 in if you want? Of course Disney would know because we do the dining plan and buy tickets and such and would need to have all of us on the ressie. Can this work at other places that typically only sleep 4...CRS, CRB...:confused:

TammiMcMan
07-17-2009, 10:30 PM
You could request a room with a day bed...that may solve your problem...are you having 5 adults in that room?Maximum occupancy at the WL is 4 in either a room with 2 queen beds, or 1 queen and a bunk bed. There are no daybeds. In order to get more bedding, you'd have to upgrade to a junior suite.

I know that WL and AKL do not typically let you put 5 in a room. For fire codes they only having beds for up to 4 in a standard room. Can you bring your own air bed and put 5 in if you want? Maximum occupancy is maximum occupancy. If you want to bring a 5th person in, then you'd basically be going against their policy and would risk being trespassed off the property.

If you are within the occupancy limits however and it's just a matter of not being able to share a bed, then by all means, you can bring in your own aerobed.

wdw_bound
07-18-2009, 09:04 AM
Assuming OP is talking about 4 adults in a room, she has a couple of choices so sister and brother don't share a bed. Either split the bed assignments differently with girls in one, boys in another, or get a bunkbed room (one queen plus bunkbeds, slightly higher cost). A third, much more expensive, option would be a junior suite. Not sure that bunkbeds are available in a standard view room, so that might also up the cost.

IMHO, an air mattress would make living quarters a bit tight. The WL rooms are very nice, and we find them spacious for our family of four, but I don't think I'd want to have to deal with stepping over an air mattress on the floor for my entire stay. But then, I'm one of those people who sets the room up upon arrival and tidies and declutters it before mousekeeping comes every day, so others may not have a problem with it.

Have a great trip!:mickey: