PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey?

tianna88
07-17-2009, 01:23 AM
I understand it is personal preference, but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on which would be better Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey, in terms of food, and atmosphere for 4 adults, two teens and a 4yr old? We are wanting a buffet because one teen is a very limited/ picky eater. And yes I did look at the menus but was hoping for some recent "reviews" :blush: Any help would be wonderful :thumbsup: Thanks in advance, I think I would go crazy if I didn't have Intercot to check every day. ( We are going for the fall free dining woo hoo!! :mickey:)

mouseneer
07-17-2009, 02:26 AM
Chef Mickey's can be a little noisey, understandably. But, the seats we had there were great becuase it allowed us to view the fireworks over the MK and night while we ate. It was one of the most memorible experiences I've ever had with my children. It's hard to top that!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-17-2009, 06:46 AM
I'd vote for Crystal Palace. Chef Mickey's was way too loud and crazy for our family, and we liked the food at CP way better :)

CzepielCrew
07-17-2009, 09:14 AM
We enjoyed Chef Mickey's a lot. The kid's liked the atmosphere. But, I would have to vote for Crystal Palace. The place was so beautiful. It was a more enjoyable place to eat in my opinion. The view when you walk out the door doesn't hurt either.

DisneyAggies
07-17-2009, 09:38 AM
CP, hands down. Enjoy the food much more there.

If we want to eat with Mickey, we go to Garden Grill (again, much better food than CM).

FriendsofMickey
07-17-2009, 10:16 AM
For me it is an easy choice, CP. It is in the park, so you do not have to leave, it is not so loud, and I :love: pooh and tigger!

However; are you eating anywhere else with Mickey? Does your little one prefer Mickey or Pooh?

Maybe ask them. As for food, both are about the same in quality. (Though I like the pork at CP :yum:).

For Mickey, I will agree that the Garden Grill in Epcot is better interaction, but I am not a huge fan of the food served.

Probably not much help...

Disney Doll
07-17-2009, 11:47 AM
My vote is for CP. It's a nice atmosphere, in the park, and if you schedule an early breakfast you can get some awesome shots on Main Street before the park has opened to the public.

RBrooksC
07-17-2009, 01:56 PM
I think both are great places to eat for Character Meals. My experiences have only been breakfast, each has their pluses and minuses.

It would depend on your schedule and your goal. If you aren't going to spend the day at the MK, then don't go to Crystal Palace. The day we went to Epcot, we went to Chef Mickey's for breakfast and then just rode the monorail to the park.

Crystal Palace has a great look to it and a nice central location in the park.

Chef Mickey's has a wonderful spot on the Grand Canyon Concourse of the CR and it is enjoyable to see the monorail going by as you eat. You also get your photo taken prior to your meal if you care to purchase it.

Both places are LOUD but you won't go wrong with either place.

tianna88
07-17-2009, 05:10 PM
Thanks for all the help!!
You guys are the best. :number1:

scootch713
07-17-2009, 06:18 PM
We love the food at Chef Mickey's. Ate at CP last November and the food was terrible. We dine every single year at CM and have never been disappointed.

epceddie
07-18-2009, 12:44 PM
We love the characters at Chef Mickey's, but you can't beat an early resevation at Crystal Palace before the park opens.
You can take photos of Main Street U.S.A virtually empty.
It's something to stand in the middle of the street and see the castle with nobody in front of it!
We always try for a reservation around 8 a.m.

EmmMOM2
07-18-2009, 12:49 PM
No contest! CRYSTAL PALACE!!

Great characters, good food and MUCH more quiet and relaxing then Chef Mickeys!! I thought i'd have a headache for days after eating there. Not to mention I didn't think the way the characters came around was as organized their.

joanna71985
07-18-2009, 02:00 PM
I like both. But I will have to go with CP dinner- I LOVE the mashed potatoes.