PDA

View Full Version : Good Idea???

Disney fans..
07-16-2009, 09:32 PM
We have decided to go back to Disney :cloud9:
It is a LONG time from now.. Nov. 2010.
We have a 17 yr old and a 9 yr old. our oldest one knows already but we have decided to keep it a secret from our youngest :secret:, has anyone done this before? I know I have a very long way to go but I get pretty Disney crazy from the moment that I decide to go.. For anyone that has done this, how hard is it? Any tips or stories would be great. Thanks!

:woohoo::silly::dance::pixie:

mouseneer
07-17-2009, 05:33 AM
Slip a note in one of the youngest's 2010 birthday gifts telling him/her that this gift is to be used in November at WDW !!! That's what my wife and I did for our kids' birthdays ( August 22nd and 23rd; we had their parties at the same time!!). It was so neat to see the expressions on their faces.

IamBelle
07-17-2009, 08:51 AM
My mom did this for us at Christmas. She kept it a secret from us, then, as our gift, she let us open boxes and inside the boxes was a piece of paper telling us we will be going to WDW this Aug. (Now only about a month to go!!) The year before, I knew but my youngest sister didn't until we got to the airport. It was hard to plan without her knowing, so when she went outside to play, my mom and I started planning the trip, it was really fun and my sister was surprised!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-17-2009, 10:20 PM
My sis did this to her kids. They thought she & I were the ones going and that they were going to Hampton Beach to stay at the other aunt's house. They didn't find out until they were actually at the airport. It made it easier that when we slipped and talked about it, they didn't think anything because we were going (not them).
And the worst part was that I wasn't even going for that trip!

Gregandmel
07-18-2009, 08:28 AM
It's hard - as we are doing the SAME thing!! We have an 18 year old and a 9 year old. We went last October and are planning a return trip April/May 2010. My youngest will turn 10 mid-April and it will be his "surprise bday gift". :party:

If we tell him NOW - he wont' be able to stop thinking about it - ha ha ha ha. I'm an obsessive planner and, like you, as soon as I got it in my head we were going - out came all the Disney planning books again. My youngest has asked what it's all about, but I just tell him that "Mommy's dreaming about another trip some day and it's fun to look at the books". I HOPE I'm able to surprise him with it! Good luck and have a GREAT time! :thumbsup:My dh and I usually talk about things when he's in bed.

nicster
07-18-2009, 11:27 AM
That has to be sooooo hard! I have the worst time not talking about the thing that is most on my mind... DISNEY!!! :blush: I want to follow this thread & see how it all turns out!:D

I LoveJack
07-18-2009, 09:53 PM
We did that for my 2 dds first time, but not for that long of a time. I think I only had to wait 4 months or so. But we drove there from Oklahoma, told them that we were just going to drive until the road ended. And guess where it ended at.:party:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-18-2009, 11:01 PM
If you keep saying "when we go back to Disney" that may cover any slip ups. That way the kiddo will know that you are going back some day, just not that it's already planned!

BluewaterBrad
07-19-2009, 12:25 PM
yes that is a ways away, but hopefully you wont go crazy thinking about it!:mickey:

dmerchant
07-20-2009, 02:51 PM
We kept it a secret from our daughter. It was her 13th birthday and told her the morning that we were leaving.:secret:

KAJUNKING
07-20-2009, 04:00 PM
i would love to suprise my kids with a trip, it would be tough not to talk about it, mabey next year well suprise them!

Disney fans..
07-20-2009, 05:16 PM
thanks for all the replies.. reading intercot really makes it easy for me, i love, love, love hearing what everyone has to say! even though it makes me want to leave right now :)