PDA

View Full Version : Disney bus collision injures 12 passengers

tinklover
07-16-2009, 06:58 PM
If this is the wrong place or has been posted already sorry please move it or merge it. TIA.

Http://www.wesh.com/news/20077865/detail.html

antngoof89
07-16-2009, 08:50 PM
I can't believe another accident happened this close to the last incident. It seems like the cut in cast members could be a factor as far as fatigue goes. Perhaps cast members are getting tired from perhaps longer shifts? Disney has never had a problem with safety, strange. :(

DVC2004
07-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Wow, a terrible few weeks at WDW! Hope everyone is OK.

LibertyTreeGal
07-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Disney has never had a problem with safety, strange. :(

Although Disney has a great track record, there are always safety issues with anything this large, what is odd is that they happened so close together. If things continue to happen, then we may have a pattern that means there is an inherent problem that has developed.

I remember being there the day that a CM playing Goofy died in the parade lineup and there have been other events since then. People just don't tend to notice unless things get bunched up together.

DizneyFreak2002
07-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Unfortunately accidents happen... But, I think when accidents happen in WDW, the media makes more of it then they should, the monorail accident being the exception since a CM lost his life...

antngoof89
07-16-2009, 10:29 PM
Unfortunately accidents happen... But, I think when accidents happen in WDW, the media makes more of it then they should, the monorail accident being the exception since a CM lost his life...

That's exactly what I posted in the thread concerning the monorail crash. People are always trying to look for negative things to say about anything heralded as a cause for happiness.

LibertyTreeGal
07-17-2009, 09:25 AM
I agree with the above posters, it is tragic and awful, but these things do happen. It isn't a problem unless it happens all the time, which i doubt it suddenly will.

Imagineer1981
07-17-2009, 11:49 AM
think I'll be getting a rental car to strap my baby in the car seat from now on for sure!!!

GothMickey
07-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Every little accident does not need to be reported. But, since this is Disney, the media jumps all over it. In our local papers, only fatal accidents, or really bad accidents that impacted travel or business, are reported. This seems like a minor fender bender, and people were sent to the hosiptal as a precaution or with very minor injuries (whiplash).

FriendsofMickey
07-17-2009, 11:58 AM
I hope all involved are okay. It does seem that Disney is just having a run of bad luck.

I think it was last year, a car darted in front of the bus and the bus driver had to hit his brakes pretty hard, but luckily was able to avoid the car.

I believe he said if they are in any accident, they are left go. So, this might be two more people out of a job. Which is sad, considering that accidents do happen all the time.

JPL
07-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Accidents happen everywhere and at any time. But when they happen at WDW they are definately magnified by the media. Considering the amount of buses and the amount of miles they travel per day this is a relatively minor incident. It's unfortunate that people were injured.

EeyoresBestFriend
07-17-2009, 01:15 PM
Considering that they deal with probably hundreds of thousands of tourists, CMs and locals ~ I think they do an amazing job. :thumbsup:

Accidents will definitely happen. Just look at any rush hour commute and you will see waay more incidents.

I do hope that WDW is not going too far with the CM cutbacks and creating a situation where people work ridiculously long shifts ~ takes the safety and fun out of it for everyone. But I feel that way about any business that deals with the public ~ not just WDW.:mickey:

antngoof89
07-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Every little accident does not need to be reported. But, since this is Disney, the media jumps all over it. In our local papers, only fatal accidents, or really bad accidents that impacted travel or business, are reported. This seems like a minor fender bender, and people were sent to the hosiptal as a precaution or with very minor injuries (whiplash).

Agreed. I thought I read something the other day that stated something about Disney being required to state all of their incidents now instead of keeping them as a closed case as what I read was the situation before.

Is that correct?

Dixie Springs
07-17-2009, 04:44 PM
I could never figure out why busses (all busses, including school busses) do not have seat-belts. Oh well, hopefully no serious injuries.

Disney legal and PR must be on overtime between accidents and waterpark perv's. If anyone in upper management was trying to quit smoking this year, they've surely started back up.

Crow
07-18-2009, 11:33 PM
bad time for Disney transportation...glad this this time its not as serious & hope all recover ok

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-19-2009, 12:58 AM
Hopefully everyone is ok.

BluewaterBrad
07-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Rare, bad luck.:mickey: