PDA

View Full Version : Gift cards

gerald72
07-16-2009, 05:04 PM
I was at the Disney Store and saw they sell Disney Gift Cards and Disney Dollars that can be used in the park.
I thought this would be a great idea to give to the kids, so we didn't have to carry around cash.
My biggest fear is that places won't take the cards, such as food carts or the places that do your hair or face paint.
Also, is it tacky to leave Disney Dollars as tips?
Has anyone had any of these problems?

disneymom15
07-16-2009, 06:18 PM
You should be able to use the cards anywhere. Not possitive, but pretty sure.

DisneyAndRedSox
07-16-2009, 06:37 PM
I have never had a problem using dollars or cards. The only thing I ever had a problem with is a rewards card from my Disney Visa and it wasn't accepted at the Harmony Barber Shop on Main St.

I don't think it is tacky to leave it as a tip. Funny story.. back in 1995 a locker at Epcot was $5, when you returned the key you got $2 back. They gave out Disney Dollars at the key return! My boyfriend at the time stood there speechless holding two disney dollars and then started ranting somthing like "this is how they get you to spend even more......." LOL

Fangorn
07-17-2009, 02:24 AM
Using gift cards is simple. We use them all the time and have never had a problem using them. There are a few places such as the vendors out before the parades and some of the food carts that get added during peak times, that don't take the gift cards, but then these places aren't set up to take ANY electronic form of payment.

As for leaving Disney dollars as a tip, that just seems wrong to me.

Steve