PDA

View Full Version : Disney Next Week!? Please Help!

ncscgirl2005
07-16-2009, 04:59 PM
DH just sent me a text letting me know that the only week he'll be able to take leave before the kids go back to school is next week! Yikes!!!!!

We were planning on going to Disney in August (luckily I didn't book anything because of his crazy schedule) but now we are going next week.

I'm trying to be excited but I'm feeling overwhelmed b/c of all the work I have to do before then!

Of course we would love to stay onsite but I can't find a room on Disney within our lodging budget of $700 so it looks like we'll have to stay off property.

Can you suggest any clean, decent hotels close by that offer complimentary breakfast (free parking would be nice too since we're driving our car).

Also how much is parking now per day at the parks?

Thanks in advance.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
07-16-2009, 05:52 PM
The only thing I can help with is the parking thing... $12 a day.

ncscgirl2005
07-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks...it's gone up $2 since the last time we visited.

disneymom15
07-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Did you contact Magical Journeys? That would be my first move.

07-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Try an expedia or travelocity search for hotels on Palm Parkway or Turkey Lake Rd. Sometimes it is shown as same on mapquest. There are a LOT of name brand hotels on that road and it is close to Downtown Disney and 535. Also the Disney partner hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd. Don't know rates but some decent looking hotels.

I went out that way this evening and the lots did not look full although that is not necessarily a good indicator.

Also, went back to my apartment down 192 on the other side of I4 and there were some great room deals available, less than $300 per week, although the places were not up to Hilton levels, but would probably be decent enough just for bunking.

Hope this might be helpful. Don't be misled by my location in my profile. I came down to Orlando this year to work for Disney for 6 months or so. Always wanted to and got hired back in May.

faline
07-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Don't remember where or what it was but I stayed on Turkey Lake Road once. Would never stay there again!

Jeri Lynn
07-17-2009, 07:07 AM
I would check out Mousesavers website, she lists preferred non-disney hotels and what specials they are running.

Good Luck!

betteratmk
07-17-2009, 09:27 AM
There is a new Holiday Inn opening in DTD that had introductory rates of $57. per night. They also had bus service to the parks. It was listed on another site.