PDA

View Full Version : Birthday cakes?

MushuGrl
07-16-2009, 02:50 PM
My sister and I are tentatively planning a vacation around the last week in January, which would mean we'd be there on her birthday (nothing in stone yet).

This year her birthday took place on the day of the huge ice storm part of the country experienced - she had no cake, no dinner, no eletricity, and no heat. If we can go on that week, I'd like to make the day DOUBLE special to make up for the awful one she had this year.

Is there a place to get birthday cakes made in Disney? Nothing elaborate, nothing huge. Just want to make it special.

And since I'm tentatively planning - I know at Chef Mickey's, you get a cupcake on your birthday (we did this with my niece and mom on their trip). Can you recommend somewhere else special I could take her on her birthday?

Strmchsr
07-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp) to go to the Birthday page in Info Central. It has all you need to know about getting a cake in WDW plus other birthday tips.

MonoMan
07-16-2009, 05:07 PM
We have arranged for custom cakes to celebrate birthdays at various locations in WDW in advance and we have also simply requested a birthday cake upon checking in for ADR. It just depends on if you want it customized or not.

MushuGrl
07-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Thanks so much all!

A&M'sMommy
07-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Marking for info too as our Feb trip will include DH's 40th!

MinnieMommie
07-17-2009, 06:14 PM
You can order cakes at Boardwalk Bakery. When my daughter turned 21 we ordered a beautiful cake at Boardwalk then brought it with us to Tambu lounge (after having dinner at House of Blues). The staff at Tambu lounge gave us Mickey head plates, forks, napkins etc and we had a wonderful birthday celebration.

We were able to order a chocolate or vanilla cake and frosting. Additionally, Boardwalk bakery offers a ganache covered chocolate cake shaped like a Mickey head. Really nice!!! :mickey:

fanofdisney
07-18-2009, 12:13 PM
We celebrated my son's birthday at LeCellier and I had called there to order a cake. It was awesome! Have fun,nothing like celebrating a birthday at Disney!