PDA

View Full Version : Marceline, MO (Walt's hometown) ??

MarkC
07-16-2009, 11:42 AM
I am going to St. Louis on Monday for business, and I'm going to get up early and drive through Marceline, which is Walt Disney's boyhood home. Has anyone been there? If I have just a few minutes of time, is there anything I should see and do? Any advice would be appreciated. I know there are a lot of Missouri posters on here so hopefully one of you has been there. Thanks, Mark

p.s. How did I plan a business trip to St. Louis with my beloved Cardinals out of town!!!

MickeyMagic28
07-20-2009, 06:28 PM
My family drove to Marceline a few weeks ago and had a wonderful day! The Disney Museum is a must see! I thought it would be a few items from Walt's childhood but it was full of all sorts of interesting things from his time in Marceline to his time in California. We were there for more than 2 hours and thoroughly enjoyed every minute! You can drive past his boyhood home and visit a remake of the barn he used to house his miniature trains when he lived in California. People are encouraged to sign the walls of this barn and it's fun to take a few minutes to read some of the messages. The elementary school is named after Walt Disney and you can see Disney characters on the walls inside the front entry. The museum will give you more information about these characters and other things Walt Disney provided this elementary school. There's a train in the park near the museum that Walt
Disney donated that says it's from the Disneyland RR. We had a great day when we went and if you're looking for a great place to eat we ate at a place called Susie's Diner right on the main street of the downtown (which yes, does resemble Main Street U.S.A in the theme parks!). Have a great time in Marceline!

ransam
07-30-2009, 12:59 PM
my sister and i go every year. I posted about it. here's the link...I
NTERCOT Boards > Vacations Beyond Disney > Info, News & Trip Reports
Our trip to Marceline, MO, home of Walt-and my 100th post

I have pics on my facebook. if you want to see them and have facebook, let me know and i'll add you.

you'll love it there.