PDA

View Full Version : Vacationing end of April 2010 - Cheerleading crowds?

Gregandmel
07-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the crowds end of April when cheerleading competitions are being held? I just saw that there is a cheerleading competition being held in WDW the week we will be there - wondered if it had a huge impact, like the Pop Warner cheerleading? Anyone??? Thanks!! :mickey:

Going2HeavenRU
07-15-2009, 09:15 PM
We have be to WDW with the chearleaders. Let's just say that is the only time we will be there when they are.

They were extremely loud in the parks and "chearing" constantly all over the place. They also ran around in large "packs" and would run over anyone that was in their way.

From the complaints I heard from guests at the All Star Sports, they were loud most of the night too.

Gregandmel
07-15-2009, 10:55 PM
Was this the Pop WArner Crowds in December, or the cheerleading crowds end of April???? I'm seriously considering moving my dates if it's a really big issue. Anyone there the end of April 2009 that came across the cheerleading??

IloveDisney71
07-16-2009, 07:56 AM
There will also be cheerleaders there in February- around the 12 - 15 or so, which also happens to be during Mardi Gras. I've acutally gone with a friend who's daughter is a cheerleader. I'm not a huge fan of giggly, loud cheerleaders but they've never bothered me in the parks. There are some obnoxious groups who do walk in huge, loudly cheering packs. I just stop and let them go past me and enjoy the quiet once they're gone. I would NEVER stay at the same resort (values) where they stay. It is constantly LOUD. We've visited her daughter at All Star Sports and I was ready to leave after about 2 minutes!

BugeyedMuggy
07-16-2009, 09:44 AM
They were on our flight in February and they made landing alot more fun with a celebratory cheer. They were in HS when we were there and it was alittle too much so we went to another park.