PDA

View Full Version : Bridget Jones 3

Melanie
07-15-2009, 04:52 PM
LOVED the first one. Second one, not so much. I'm actually surprised to hear this news.

From People.com

Renée Zellweger to Pack It On Again for Bridget Jones

Haul out the biscuits and gravy, crispy duck, Snickers, milk shakes, pizza and butter-soaked potatoes – Renée Zellweger's very special diet to get in shape to play Bridget Jones, because the Oscar winner is prepping to play the full-figured singleton once again.

Zellweger, 40, is expected to start filming at the end of this year what will be the third installment about the love-starved British publishing executive, Variety reports.

This time, the story will likely focus on 40-ish Bridget's desire to have a baby before time runs out, as based on author Helen Fielding's weekly newspaper columns for Britain's The Independent, says the showbiz trade publication.

The Oscar winner for Cold Mountain, who was nominated for 2001's Bridget Jones's Diary and also starred in the 2004 sequel, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, recently spelled out what she desires in a man, saying: I'm looking for an encyclopedia and a dictionary. A bit of the Boy Scouts Handbook. A person who is conscientious about the trail he leaves behind him. Love. Unconditional kindness."

NotaGeek
07-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Hmmm ... I saw this today too, I loved the 1st movie and thought the 2nd was a bit pathetic ... it would so great if they rallied and made it a really good third .. AND bring back Colin Firth!

Melanie
07-15-2009, 05:14 PM
AND bring back Colin Firth!

Well, yeah. Duh. ;)

Seriously, I probably won't even bother if he doesn't do it.

PixieMagic
07-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Honestly I liked both these movies....BUT my first thought in hearing about a third was "that poor girl!!!" How many times does she have to pack on the pounds and then diet like crazy to loose them?? It's really not healthy in the slightest...I love the movies but not at the cost of her health!

MNNHFLTX
07-15-2009, 06:52 PM
They have to have Colin Firth--there's no possible way they could do any Bridget Jones movie justice without him. Now Hugh Grant they could do without, IMO. ;)

The first Bridget Jones movie was better than the 2nd, but I still like them both. I have very fond memories of having a Bridget Jones marathon on the flight over to England a couple of summers ago. :)

PirateLover
07-16-2009, 11:17 AM
The first Bridget Jones movie was better than the 2nd, but I still like them both. I have very fond memories of having a Bridget Jones marathon on the flight over to England a couple of summers ago. :)

I did the same thing on my trip to England in 2004... then I landed with dreams of handsome men with cute accents, and for some reason kept getting hit on by the overly-stereotyped short guys with bad teeth:blush:

MNNHFLTX
07-16-2009, 03:09 PM
I did the same thing on my trip to England in 2004... then I landed with dreams of handsome men with cute accents, and for some reason kept getting hit on by the overly-stereotyped short guys with bad teeth:blush:Yeah, why can't they all look like (and talk like) Colin Firth??? ;)

threeh
07-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Just curous..what are they basing it on?? Bridgette Jones only has 2 books, right?? Is Helen Feilding going to write another, or did I miss a book??
Love Colin Firth, aka Mr. Darcy!!!:cloud9:

SBETigg
07-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Just curous..what are they basing it on?? Bridgette Jones only has 2 books, right?? Is Helen Feilding going to write another, or did I miss a book??
Love Colin Firth, aka Mr. Darcy!!!:cloud9:

Right, I was thinking the same, but then the article says she is basing it on her newspaper columns. I'm guessing this one's scripted for the movie, no book reference, just some of Helen's insights as raw material.

The second movie didn't follow the second book all that closely, and both the movie and the book paled in comparison to the first. I love Zellweger in the role. I think she should just keep the weight on. She looks great as Bridget (if only the stylists let her dress better, but then she wouldn't quite be Bridget). And it wouldn't be complete without Hugh Grant and Colin Firth.