PDA

View Full Version : Stormalong Bay - Yachtclub side

Figment78
07-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Someone said that the Yacht Club and Beach Club sides of SAB are "different". Can someone describe what that means or how they are different?

Maleficent's Dad
07-15-2009, 02:25 PM
There are "sections" of SAB.
The section closest to the YC is the shallow area, with a sand bar for kids to build sand castles.

The area closer to the BC side has the slide area.

The lazy river is in the middle.

These are all general directions. You'll figure it out fine for yourself! :mickey:

IloveJack
07-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Which side is the kiddie area on?

Figment78
07-15-2009, 02:46 PM
This was VERY helpful! Thank you!

Are there beach chairs near Hurrican Hanna's? Or do they have any umbrellas near any chairs at SAB anywhere?

Maleficent's Dad
07-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Now I have to really think!!! :scratch:

Which side is the kiddie area on?
Although not designated a "kiddie area," the shallow area is closer to the YC - keep in mind, you enter the same area regardless of which resort side you're at.

Are there beach chairs near Hurrican Hanna's? Or do they have any umbrellas near any chairs at SAB anywhere?
There are loads of beach chairs within the facility. However, I don't think there are any directly adjacent to HH's. There are tables with umbrellas on a small patio area directly adjacent to HH's.

lockedoutlogic
07-15-2009, 08:30 PM
I disagree about "sections"....

there are different components in the pool area....but they are completely shared...

i trust everybody knows that yacht and beach are identical....the same hotel with different paint on the outside....

just because you have to walk 2 minutes outside to "get to" one from the other....doesn't mean they weren't slapped together at the same time on the drawing board.

the only differences are the convention center, DVC at Beach Club, and boat launch

jakeybake
07-16-2009, 09:07 AM
i trust everybody knows that yacht and beach are identical....the same hotel with different paint on the outside....

I beg to differ. Though they are "sister resorts" they are definitely not the same hotel with different paint. The interior theming, the layout of each resort (room locations, elevators, overall floor plans) are totally different, as are the dining options. Just one look at each lobby will tell you how different they truly are.

Jay

TammiMcMan
07-16-2009, 12:22 PM
This map may help you get your bearings, http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/beachclub07.JPG . Where you see the wording "Yacht Club Galley", that's the general vicinity of the kid's area of the pool. Lazy river and general swimming in the center "blue" area and the slide drop off is closest to the Beach Club.

Hope that helps.

lockedoutlogic
07-16-2009, 10:20 PM
I beg to differ. Though they are "sister resorts" they are definitely not the same hotel with different paint. The interior theming, the layout of each resort (room locations, elevators, overall floor plans) are totally different, as are the dining options. Just one look at each lobby will tell you how different they truly are.

Jay

uhhhh....yeah.....if you say so:number1: