PDA

View Full Version : Hurrican Hanna's & Stormalong bay

Figment78
07-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Is Hurricane Hanna's super crowded? It's a combined grill and bar, right? Or do they have a separate place just to order drinks? Seems to me that a place as popular and huge as SAB would need more than one place to get food and drinks poolside.

Jillirose
07-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Not sure when you're going, but we stayed at BC President's week. The hotel was full and we never had to wait too long for a drink or sandwich at Hurricane Hanna's. Lots of tables about too. Great food, great atmosphere poolside and view of the boardwalk at night is awesome!

Maleficent's Dad
07-15-2009, 02:28 PM
While not a huge area, HH's suffices. (Adjacent to SAB on the other side of the water is B&C, so lots of kids head over there!)

HH does have a 'queue' just for drinks. I've seen some lines there, but nothing over the top. I've waited 10 minutes or so for food at crowded times. Tables are more of the concern...

You do get the passerby from the BW, Swan/Dolphin, even Epcot, who may happen upon this little watering hole and they also take up space.

Is it a large place? No, but it does suffice. I've never seen it overly crowded, but I almost always see some short lines to wait on.

Figment78
07-15-2009, 02:49 PM
again - very helpful!

We actually don't have a trip booked, but some friends of ours were considering a trip and once we were talking about Beach Club (and Grand Floridian), I realized how little I knew of both of them!